!!𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 7!!

// --- \\

Karl's POV:

We walked inside the new house, it was nothing compared to the other one. It was smaller, cramped and old. There were only two bedrooms, one kitchen connected with the living room and one bathroom.

Great. I'll have to share a bedroom with my sister now, until she leaves for collage at least. It shouldn't be as bad though, the only time I see her is at night when she comes back from her boyfriend's, or from school.

"What are you thinking, bro?"
"Nothing. Just having to see your face everyday must suck." I respond back to my sister, a grin on my face.
"Not like I'd want to see yours" she says defending herself.

Maybe having a new room won't be as bad though. Or a new house, or a new town. Or a new school. Perhaps I'll meet some new kids and actually have friends to hang out with, and play video games with, have sleepovers, an-

"Earth to Karl Jacobs??" My sister shakes me by the shoulders, snapping me back to reality. I didn't even realize I was smiling.

"Yeah, sorry."
"Bottom or top bunk bed?"
"Bottom" I smile.
"Okay, bottom"

I didn't quite get what she meant with that tone, but I just grabbed my bag and stuff, bringing them in the room.

\\ --- //

Finally!

Both me and my sister flop down on the bed, working all day to organize the room the way we both like it. Luckily, my sister isn't unorganized, so she could put a few things here and there with no problem. She calls it the "quick thinking".

Looking around, it all came pretty nicely. The bunk bed was at the corner of the room while the wardrobe was beside it, the walls were painted brown with white spots at the very bottom, like small bubbles. The desk was I front of a window and had enough space for my set up.

My sister's favorite part was the bookshelf beside the desk, she placed all her books and figures there, hanging some of her memory photos on the wall beside and a big mirror.

Sometimes I wonder if I'll ever get to have my own memory pictures, to live my life and have actual friends to call family. Maybe, someday.

"I don't know about you, but I am hungry" my sister called.
"Same" I respond. "But we have to cook"
"Okay"

Silence then filled the room. Neither of us wanted to get up and cook, but someone had to eventually.

"What do we eat"
"I don't know" I say.
"What do you ever know."

I know she said it jokingly, but it came off more as an insult, which made my heart hurt a little.

"I don't know."

\\ --- //

After dinner my sister stayed at the living room with our parents, deciding on what to do with work and everything. I locked myself in the room playing Minecraft again.

I see all these people team while playing Skywars, it's kinda annoying. I usually don't pay attention to it but today i've been a bit tense. Everything happening has me wondering.

Should I get a job? Should I focus more on my studies to get a scholarship? What can I do to help? How did I just win that match?

Wait.

I start laughing with myself once I realize what I did, I was so lost in thought I kinda just let my body do it's thing. I notice my chat opening and seeing a message from someone. Someone's name that makes me smile immediately, makes my stomach feel like a happy wave of emotion.