Chapter 52

"What happened?" Harry demanded as he stared at Tom's wounded face with wide eyes.

Tom raised a tentative hand up to his face and carefully touched the cuts, as though he'd already forgotten they were there at all. "I promised you I'd call you the second I got back, so I haven't healed any injuries yet."

"It looks like you were clawed by a lion or something," Harry mused as he grimaced in sympathy when Tom briefly squeezed his eyes shut in obvious discomfort.

"Nothing that exciting, my dear. Simply Bellatrix who wasn't pleased to learn she wouldn't be getting out of Azkaban anytime soon." Tom shrugged as though none of this concerned him in the least, but Harry knew better. "When I went to obliviate her, after we got the others out, she managed to reach through the bars and make her anger clear."

"Can it be healed?" Harry was a bit worried Tom might have some gruesome scars for the rest of his life thanks to that insane witch. It wouldn't matter to Harry in the slightest, what Tom ended up looking like, but it might raise some uncomfortable questions at some point as Tom tried to worm his way into high wizarding society.

"Nothing a healing spell and some dittany can't fix." Tom gave Harry a fond little smile as he leaned back in his seat, looking exhausted but satisfied. "Aside from this little scrap, everything went well. Dolohov, Rookwood and Mulciber are recovering at Dorus' Mansion and they all agreed to my conditions of their release."

Harry snorted. 'Conditions of their release.' That was a funny way of saying jailbreak, wasn't it? "I'm glad to hear everyone is safe. Not going to lie, I've been very worried today."

"Your concern is appreciated but unnecessary." Tom leaned his head back and briefly closed his eyes. "I'm sorry to notify you on such short notice, but I won't make it to our duelling lesson tomorrow." Tom looked off to the side for a moment. "Correction, today in about five hours."

Was it that late already? Harry had been so full of anxiety that he hadn't been able to keep track of time at all. "Yeah, alright. I need some sleep as well. How about we meet Sunday morning instead?"

"That works for me. Now if you don't mind, I'm going to take a quick shower, heal my face and then get some much needed sleep." Tom's eyes were drooping shut, so Harry could well imagine how tired he was.

Harry was tired as well, but not enough that he couldn't imagine Tom in the shower. Naked and wet Tom. Harry's favourite kind of Tom.

"Do I even want to know what you're thinking right now?" Tom asked, pulling Harry out of his impromptu fantasy.

Harry's cheeks flushed and he rubbed a hand across his face to rid himself of whatever obsession had just come over him. "Best not to ask. Goodnight, soulmate. See you on Sunday."

"Goodnight, my dear."

Flipping the mirror shut, Harry fell back against his pillow. God, now he was having lustful feelings about his boyfriend even when he was in his eleven-year-old body and not yet a victim of raging hormones. Harry really hoped that Tom would let him take an aging potion during their next meeting because Harry was in some serious need of a good snogging.

Theo and Blaise let Harry sleep in a bit the next morning, which Harry appreciated very much. He stumbled out of bed just after nine, when everyone else had already left for breakfast. Harry quickly made himself presentable and hurried up to the Great Hall, eager for some breakfast.

Right as Harry sat down between Theo and Blaise, who were both already finished with their food, a large eagle owl delivered a package to Harry. There was an envelope attached to it, with Harry's name on it in Barty's familiar handwriting. Still, Harry didn't take any chances and cast a few detection charms before opening the envelope.