Chapter 7: Calming the Storm

The day came quicker than anticipated, thankfully a dreamless sleep. He came out from his room and into the kitchen. The place was completely empty.

Peter was confused at this and poked his head into the living room. Still nothing. Suddenly something on the refrigerator caught Peter's eye. He picked it up and read the message written aloud to himself.

"Peter, we're all in the training room right now. Eat your breakfast and meet us in there. Robin." Peter nodded as he bit ino an apple and tossed the crumpled note into the trash from across the room.

He wasn't used to training by any means. Even the Avengers didn't care about teaching him to be a part of the team. In the past he had always been relying primarily on his Spider sense, so this was actually quite nice and excited Peter a bit.

He quickly put on his suit without wasting any more time. He wandered the halls a bit, trying to find this training room. He still hadn't gotten a chance to get a tour, so he did get a little lost at first. He was pretty annoyed at his absent mindedness, bit eventually came across the room clearly labeled, training room.

He pushed the button on the wall and the door slid open to reveal a dark room inside. Peter strained his eyes as he slowly crept inside. He peered into the distance, trying to make out his surroundings, but all he saw was darkness sitting on top of the floor. He felt a chill that stopped him in his track.
He closed his eyes to try and listen in on his spider sense, but was met only with the same ringing in his ears and the thought of never going home. It was no use, and that scared Peter.

"Guys?" He called out into the darkness, but there was no answer, send a chill up his spine.

Peter continued further into the room, throught the dark void. He stuck his arm out, feeling for anything he could. The room continued its blank setting as Peter inched closer and closer into the room until he looked down and noticed his foot touching a red line on the floor. He scratched his head in confusion and peered into the distance again.

Suddenly he was hit with a heavy kick to his ribs, knocking him back a few feet. He turned to fight back, but couldn't see his opponent. Suddenly, his tingle decided to kick in just in time to catch a small blade thrown at his torso.

"Impressive." Came a voice from the darkness. The lights shut on, stinging Peter's eyes a bit and he saw the Titans standing in a mostly empty room, with white metallic walls and several computers. A huge red square sat in the middle of the room, which Peter was standing in.

Peter looked at the blade and recognized it as Robin's. "Hey! What gives?" He said, flinging the blade back at Robin who easily caught it.

"I just wanted to test out that tingle thing you were mentioning." Robin explained as they all gathered in the circle.

Peter was relieved by that, initially thinking they were actually attacking him. "Yeah, well it's not as useful as it once was. Its... broken or something. I don't really know, exactly."

"We'll get you there." Robin replied casually. "Okay. So today is your first day of training, so here's this." He handed Peter an ear piece, which Peter put on under his mask. "Mostly what we're going to be doing is getting used to all of us working together. We need to get into the flow of things."

"Makes sense." Peter nodded

Robin pointed at him, "I know you probably haven't, but have you ever done something like this before?"

"Oh yeah, totally!" Peter said proudly. "I was a part of this superhero team called the Avengers, well kinda as a temp I guess."

"Cool, so this should come easy for you." Robin grinned before nodding to Cyborg who pressed a button on the wall and the scene changed around them.

The white walls faded away and changed to that of the ruins of a city. Flames trickled in the rubble and smoke rose into the sky, but other than the Titans was completely empty. It was pretty cool to be sure, but Peter was a little caught off guard.

"Woah, what happened? Where are we?"

Cyborg chuckled and patted Peter on the back. "Just a hologram."

"This simulation will be a team effort." Robin explained. "The opponent will be a giant monster. Starfire and beastboy, I want you to do what you can to keep him looking up. Cyborg, you focus your fire on his chin. Peter, you and I focus on his legs, try to trip him, bring him down to our level.
Finally, Raven, you deal the finishing blow. Everybody got it?"

They all nodded and turned around. Peter clapped jokingly. "Break." Beastboy laughed at that.