Chapter 19: Waiting Room

It had been over two hours since Peter's clash with Cyborg. He and the other Titans took him to his lab and strapped him down to the table as best as possible in case he woke up and attacked again. Thankfully, Cyborg had more than enough supplies for Peter to immediately start thinking of ideas. The other Titans weren't all that sure what to do and seemed very worried for their friend. Especially Beastboy, who kept pacing back and forth on the other side of of table, while Peter carefully examined the inner components in Cyborgs chest.

"You sure you know what you're doing?" Beastboy asked with a disapproving frown.

"Well I designed my own web fluid, designed a high tech suit, and got a scholarship to MIT." Peter smirked, setting his mask down on a nearby table, without looking up from his work. "So I should be able to figure it out."

Peter broke away from Cyborg and began searching through his spare parts. As he searched, Cyborgs large monitor began to give a harsh buzzing sound and a video call popped up on the screen. Peter ignored it and kept working, while the others got up and immediately went to the monitor.
Robin reached down and pushed the button to accept the call. Suddenly Batman's cowled face filled the screen and peered at the team.

"Dick." Batman said in a stern tone. "How's Victor?"

Robin pointed over his shoulder at Cyborg lying flat on the table. "He still hasn't woken up, yet. We have Peter working on him now."

Batman peered at him suspiciously. "You trust he can handle such an important task?"

"Just need to replace a few parts, actually!" Peter called as he set an arm full of spare parts on a nearby table. "Good to see you again, Batman!" He waved casually.

Robin and Starfire held back their laughter at the interaction, and turned back to the screen. "We have everything under control." Robin stated, folding his arms proudly.

"Almost everything." Batman grumbled, then looked to Raven who peered right back at him challengingly. "I trust you've had no luck in sending him back?"

Raven huffed at the question and rolled her eyes. "Well no. It's not an exact science. I don't even know WHERE he came from." Peter glanced over his shoulder and looked at her with a tinge of conflict in his stomach. Did he even want to go back at this point? "Besides its not like we have the Justice League to help."

Batman peered at her with irritation and the other Titans jaws dropped at her talking to Batman the way she was. "Unfortunately we're still weighing the options, and we're VERY busy. Just know once we do find one, he's gone."

"Yeah, we know!" She snapped, before walking away and sitting in the corner. Peter's eyes trailed after her with concern.

Robin finished finished transmission soon after and Peter swiftly returned to his work. He wanted to go check on Raven, but the issue with Cyborg was obviously the more pressing matter.
"Don't worry about him." Robin said with a smirk as they all went back to their seats around the room. "He doesn't trust anybody. He usually keeps his distance, but he keeps checking up on you."

"But why me?" Peter smirked as he removed a broken part from within Cyborgs chest and replaced it with a newer one. "I'm so cuddly, just ask Raven."

"Silence, Bug!" Raven grumbled from behind her book, causing the others to share amused snickers.

"Does he think I'm a bad guy, or something?" Peter asked.

This was a genuine concern for him, mostly because he found Batman to be quite intimidating.

"Not necessarily. He just likes to be on the safe side." Robin explained. "That's why he sent you to us. He figured if you were a part of a team you'd be less likely to get into trouble."