Chapter 28: Through My Eyes

Raven opened her eyes with a start, and stared up at her ceiling. After lifting her head and looking around her room she noticed it was the middle of the night and the rest of the room was completely empty.

All except for the person sharing the bed beside her.

"Peter?" She said before gently shaking him awake. "Peter!" She hissed.

"Hey beautiful." He said with a compassionate smile that shook her to her very core. "Everything okay?"

"No." She hissed, her heart rate rising with anxiety. "What the hell are you doing in here?"

"What do you mean?" He chuckled leaning up on his elbow. "You invited me, remember?"

She looked off in confusion and wanted to get up immediately, feeling a panic begin to build. Then his hand reached out, gently caressing her cheek. She instinctively muzzled into his warmth, incapable of pulling away.

"Are you okay?" He asked with concern in his eyes.

Her eyes met his she found herself lost in his pools of brown. She reached up, gently brushing her hand along his muscular arm. She told herself that she shouldn't be doing this. She told herself that she should just kick him out and be done with it. However, she couldn't deny how good it felt to feel his touch once more. Her heart soared in a bittersweet way that she had come to miss all too much in the last two weeks.

"YOU REALLY THINK YOU COULD HAVE SOMETHING LIKE THIS?" a thunderous demonic voice echoed through her room.

She gasped in shock, before feeling the breath retreat from her lungs. She reached her hands up, trying desperately to force the tightness away, but it was no use. She looked back and was shocked to notice that Peter was no longer there. Instead replaced by trickling flames that quickly spread around her room, engulfing every book, curtain, and even the walls themselves.

"YOU WERE MEANT TO RULE OVER THESE PATHETIC CREATURES." Trigon's disembodied voice bellowed again.

Raven gasped for air as the thick smoke quickly filled the room. "You'll have... to kill me."

"FOOLISHNESS, DAUGHTER." He replied with a cruel laughter. "YOU'RE ALREADY ALONE. YOUR DESTINY IS TO DESTROY. ONE DAY, YOU SHALL FREE ME FROM THIS PRISON. JUST WAIT AND SEE."

Raven covered her ears, trying to block out her father's voice as it became harder and harder to breathe. The smoke felt as though it was beginning to squeeze her lungs.

"NO!" She cried out in protest. Suddenly the air cleared and she was left alone in the darkness of her room. Th flames and smoke were gone, as if it never happened. She let out a sigh of relief. "Just a dream."

The words her father said to her still rang in her head. These dreams were becoming more frequent in the past week. Often times Peter would be there, smiling and affectionate as if nothing ever happened between them. Of course, that wasn't wasn't case in real life. Peter had stopped begging her to talk things out with him. Raven could feel the pain he was inflicting on himself through his desperate pleas. Now, whenever he was around her he would put up a noticeable front of a friend. She could feel the hopeless longing radiating from within him every time he saw her. The tension was alway extra thick with them in the room together. Raven couldn't help but to allow herself to enjoy his presence. Although the conflict this built within her made her require extra meditation as of late.

Not that it made these feeling go away.
"What am I supposed to do?" She groaned to herself as she rose from her bed and made her way to the kitchen.

As she left her bedroom she was startled when she nearly ran right into Peter on his way back to his room. She shivered with delight as he took a polite step back with a smile. Her eyes trailed up his freshly showered, slightly damp abs and around his waist where his towel was wrapped around him.