Chapter 15: A Warning

It had been two weeks since Raven and Peter's last date. Things were different now that the others knew about them. They began to notice Raven spending more time outside of her room despite her desire for silence. It became a regular occurrence for her to wear noise canceling headphones around her neck, quietly slipping them on whenever it became too much. Though it didn't seem to bother her as it did before. It seemed that she was mostly there to quietly read while still being close to Peter.

Their affections, despite how restrained they were, didn't go unnoticed anymore. Any time they walked into a room even a little close; or any time Raven flirted with him in her aloof way, the others would look at the with puzzled stares.

"Okay." Cyborg murmured to the other three. "This SO weird."

"Tell me about it." Beastboy added. "She hasn't told him to shut up once."

"Perhaps she has the earthly illness?" Starfire whispered back, trying and failing to be quiet.

"You know... I can hear you guys?" Raven glanced up from her place beside Peter with his arm around her casually on the couch.

The others, while ultimately supportive as friends, never did seem to get used to it. Mostly, they seemed disturbed by the change, half expecting Peter to throw the balance of her emotions off balance. However, Peter had remained cautious at all times. After all, feeling burdened by your feelings wasn't exactly an inhuman thing, so he was happy to share a silence with her.

It was a Friday night after two long weeks of Titans work. Petty crime, it seemed, had begun to rise in the city as of late. They all took turns patrolling the streets at night while the others slept, since none of it really called for any team effort. Peter would occasionally call Raven if she was awake, and chat with her while he swung. Hearing her voice made his patrols a rather relaxed time and helped him to maintain a light hearted flow.

The day finally came when things seemed to be calming down, so the team decided to celebrate their day off and go see a movie at the drive-in on the outskirts of the city. It had been the first time in weeks that they could relax without their uniforms and just hang out as normal teens. It was honestly a little freaky to Peter, seeing Robin in jeans and a Letterman jacket. Same with Starfire in a nasa shirt. Even Cyborg wore plain street clothes, even though Peter was pretty sure it was just for fashion purposes.

Raven and Peter lounged beside Cyborgs car, where he others gathered, in a web hammock that Peter spun together. He held Raven close to him, much to her dismay, but she allowed it.

"You're lucky you're comfy, Parker." She whispered timidly as the movie played over them, "Otherwise you'd be in serious trouble."

Peter gave a soft chuckle and glanced down at her. "I'm Spiderman, I live for danger."

Raven rolled her eyes in light amusement and looked back to the screen with a shake of her head. "Getting a little cocky, aren't ya?"

Peter paused for a moment before nodding at her with a light chuckle. "Little bit."

Raven shook her head with an eye roll and a sigh before eyeing the intricate web hammock Peter had spun for them and looked at him with a grimace. "This isn't gonna get in my hair... is it?"

Peter looked up at his webs and hummed to himself for a moment in deep thought. Then he gave an apologetic shrug. "I'm honestly not sure... but if it does I can... I don't know, wash it for you?"

Raven peered at him and gave him a playful poke to the chest. "You'd better."

"Ugh!" Cyborg groaned to them under his breath. "Cut it out! Yall are freaking me out over there."

The empty cup, Raven had been drinking from levitated out of her hand and suddenly flew straight at the back of Cyborgs head. He snapped his head around, annoyed, but Raven immediately looked back to the screen as if nothing happened.
Peter chuckled under his breath and focused back on the screen, admittedly a little lost in the plot as he had barely paid attention. Raven laid close to him with her arms folded in utter aloofness.

"You good?" He whispered with a gentle nudge.

Raven looked to him for a moment and paused in thought before giving a simple shrug. "Just sleep issues... same as usual."

"Is it... like your dad?" He whispered back, keeping his eyes on on screen.

Raven snapped her hand up and covered his mouth immediately. "Yeah. Actually I'd appreciate if you just keep that between us... okay?"

Peter threw his hands up and gave a polite nod before she let go of his mouth and lied back down. She looked to the others to see if they had noticed and breathed a sigh of relief.

"I'm sorry." She grumbled to him. Peter glanced down at her, and furrowed his brow in confusion before she added. "It's just... most people already see me as... the creepy titan... so if they knew the truth it'd only get worse... and that would just make my job harder." She said with a sigh.

Peter stared at her for a moment, admittedly feeling very sorry for her. He gave a gentle smile before jokingly kissing the gem on her forhead, "It's okay. You want to keep your business to yourself." He gave a little chuckle. "Believe me I get it... like this one time, I was fighting this guy, Mysterio, and I beat him. But he actually got a recording of me without my mask."

"So he outed you?" She replied.

"Oh yeah." He nodded, rubbing his eye at the thought of the not so fond memory. "Pretty much every news station was talking about how I was Spiderman. I had news cameras in my face at school and everything. It was nuts."