Chapter 23: Invitation

It was a bright, sunny morning and Peter was just returning from a long night on patrol. He immediately took his suit off and hopped in the shower as soon as he could, not even stopping to pop in on Raven. The night had been completely filled with car jackings, muggings, and even a gang War. All of it was nothing new to him, but by the end of the night it felt as though he had been to he gym for twelve hours straight and his aching muscles backed that up.
When he got out of the shower and went back to his room, he paused for a moment as he saw Raven lounging on his bed, reading a book. His eyes scanned her figure with a satisfied smirk on his face as he went over to his dresser.

"Hey." He smiled widely, letting his towel drop to to floor as he picked out a fresh pair of underwear. "Good morning."

"Good-..." she stopped herself as she briefly peeked over the top of the book and took in the sight of his nakedness with a long gaze. "Now you're just TRYING to cause problems."

Peter scoffed at that as he pulled his underwear on. "Wasn't originally my plan, but if it's working, I mean-"

"You wanna destroy YOUR room too?" She snapped with an amused smile.

"Uh." Peter looked off and thought about it for a moment the game a shrug and a nod. "Yeah. Kinda."

"Reckless as usual, Spider." She replied with a roll of the eyes and went back to her reading.

He pulled on some sweat pants before practically leaping onto the other end of the bed. He lied there on his side, one arm supporting his head and gave a wide grin and a wink.

"What'd you expect?" He shrugged. "I jump off skyscrapers for fun."

"I should've known I'd have my hands full." She retorted as her eyes scanned the pages.

"Call it extreme dating." He grinned, crawling over to her end of the bed. He now hovered over her on his hands and knees, staring daringly into her eyes. "I need to redecorate anyway."

Her eyes trailed across the room for a moment, before giving him a blank stare. "Even the Lego death star?"

He pursed his lips with a hint of embarrassment as he glanced back at the unfinished Lego set on his desk.

"You had to bring that up." He chuckled before giving her a deep, passionate kiss.

He could feel her breathing get heavier as they kissed for several minutes, until they were interrupted by the sound of the door swishing open from behind them.

"Hey guys." Robin said as he entered. "Great news, we just got-..." the boy wonder paused as he spotted shirtless Peter practically on top of Raven in the bed. "Oh wow! Uh, sorry guys! I should've knocked!" He stammered, shielding his face away from them.

Peter and Raven broke their kiss as Robin entered and gave them a puzzled look. Peter shot up, waving his hand bashfully.

"Uh. It's not what you think!" He stammered.

"Then what else was it?" Raven mumbled under her breath to him in amusement.

Peter webbed a nearby shirt and quickly pulled it on and went over to Robin, who looked between them practically bursting into laughter."

"I was just coming to tell you guys." Robin explained, still red faced from the sight of them. "That we got an invitation to the Justice League gala tomorrow."

Peter's eyes lit up in disbelief and he snapped his head around to Raven who gave a simple shrug. "Are you serious? That's awesome!" Then he stopped. "Wait. Why us? We aren't in the Justice League."

"Well I got in because of Batman." Robin explained as he leaned against the door frame. "The other members of the league wanted to meet you themselves."