Chapter 25: The Way Of The Fist

Peter awakened one morning to the sound of a loud horn blaring in his ears. He shot upright and immediately fell to his floor with screaming thud. He winced in pain as the sound stopped and looked up to see Cyborg and Robin standing over him with nobody else in his room.

Not even Raven

"What the hell, man?!" Peter groaned as he sat up on the floor, his blanket still draped over his lap.

"It's called a wake up call!" Cyborg grinned holding up an air horn in one hand. "We waited for Raven to leave, of course, but today is your first day of Robin training!"

Peter raised an eyebrow at that with a confused grin and looked at Robin who rolled his eyes and shook his head. "Robin training?" He asked.

"No." Robin replied with a shake of the head. "You're not training to be Robin." He chuckled in amusement. "But you DID say you wanted to start taking your training more seriously. The first part is waking up early." He waved Peter to them as they backed towards the door. "Get up."

Peter let out a long yawn and slowly picked himself off the floor. "Okay. Let me just grab a cup of-"

"Today..." Robin cut him off and folded his arms with a serious smirk. "Training will be your coffee. Come on."

Peter groaned at that and pulled out a pair of black training shorts he wore during his work outs. As the two other Titans watched him turn around, Cyborg's jaw hung open with shock.

"Yo, bro!" He exclaimed.

Peter quickly turned around with confusion and Robin shook his head, holding in his laughter. "What?" He replied.

Cyborg pointed to him, still in shock. "What the hell happened to your back?!"

A slight chuckle escaped Robin's lips, but he maintained his restraint. Peter looked over his shoulder to see the long red scratch marks running down his back from his previous night with Raven. His eyes widened and his face immediately flushed beet red.

"Oh! Uhm... It was uhm... Ya know." He stammered, struggling to figure out an explanation. "Those... Things we fought?"

Cyborg raised an eyebrow even more confused. "What the heck are you talking about?"

Robin was on the verge of bursting into laughter, so he immediately broke the conversation up and stepped between the two.

"Alright alright." Robin waved them both out of the room. "We're wasting daylight hours, here. Training room. Pronto." He ordered.

Peter internally breathed a sigh of relief and followed the two of them to the lower levels of the tower, where a large mat had been rolled out across the middle of the floor in the training room. After stepping inside, Robin walked over to a nearby table and promptly removed his cape and utility belt. He turned back to Peter, wielding a large colorful staff that looked like it was made of soft foam material, twirling it in hand with a daring look on his face.

"So your training is obviously gonna be a lot different from mine." Robin explained. "Needless to say, you're conditioned PLENTY."

"Aw, come on, Robin!" Cyborg replied. "Don't tell him that, he can still go WAY further. I wanna see how strong we can make him."

Peter chuckled at that and he and Robin shook their heads in amusement. "Not today." Robin replied. "Proper fighting technique and defense is where he needs the most help." He shrugged. "That and battle IQ."

Peter scoffed at that. "My IQ is higher than YOURS, bird boy."

"Ooh!" Cyborg chuckled. "He got you there, Robin!"