Just enough another day of training

Fun Fact: Izumi (Kai's mother) was offered a chance to attend UA's hero course, and if she had accepted she would have gotten in based on recommendations. But she turned it down because she didn't wanna be a hero, she wanted to be a doctor

~

'Damn, Chronos is seriously trying to kill that kid.' Manticore said.

He gave Kai no time to think, no time to strategize or come up with a plan. All Kai could do was block Chronos' incoming kicks.

Kai blocked again, holding his arms up. He was hurting, so bad. His arms were always weaker than the rest of his body. He would have to tell Senpai about that.

'No, he's not.' Poltergeist said, leaning over the railing. They were watching from the balcony in the training hall.

The next kick he threw, Kai managed to grab Chronos' leg. 'Eh?!' He used his elbow to get Satoru's leg to bend and yanked him forward. Just far enough to where he could land a good hit on his chin.

The hit wasn't enough to knock him out but it bought enough time for Kai to back away. Chronos got up almost immediately and started attacking again. But Kai was actually able to start dodging.

'Hm, first good hit either of them has made.' Manticore muttered.

'That's kinda the point Manticore.' Poltergeist cocked an eyebrow. 'We want him to be the first to land a proper hit. Y'know, cause his quirk kinda relies on physical contact?'

Manticore gasped, 'Crap I forgot!'

'You dated his mom how do you now know this?!'

'I haven't seen Izumi or Kai in a while okay shut up!' Manticore looked back down, seeing Chronos running around, confusing and distracting Kai. 'Damn... Are you sure he's not trying to kill him? I wouldn't put it past him, Chronos is kinda scary...'

'Scary?' Poltergeist said, thinking back to how Chronos screamed so high-pitched he could've sworn he was a girl because he had to get a tiny prick in the arm. 'Why would you say he's scary?'

'Well, I mean... Uh...'

'Oh my god, Eri I'm begging you don't tell me you've been hanging out with Demeter. That man is a fucking coward.'

'Well- He's good company!'

'Eri you idiot!'

'Shut up. Walking corpse!'

'Mutant!'

Chisaki and Sagaki were taking a small break, 'What are they fighting about this time?'

'Dunno.' Chronos muttered, taking a sip of tea. 'They do that a lot.'

Chisaki nodded, 'Hey can you pass the salt my ramens a little plain.'

'Lemme taste.'

Chisaki held the bowl for him while Chronos grabbed the chopsticks he'd been using for his ramen. He took a bite of Chisaki's and nearly spit it back out. 'Is... Is Ambrosia pranking you again? He didn't put anything in this.'

Kai shrugged, 'So can I have the salt please?'

'Yeah, sure kid. Here.'

'Shut up you fucking asshole!'

'Should we stop them?' Kai asked.

'Nah, free entertainment.'

'What if they get physical?'

'And? Your point?'