The devil really does have a heart

Fun Fact: When Fujimoto was brought back from the dead as Poltergeist, he was very quiet, agreeable, apathetic, and followed pretty much every order given to him. But as he spent more time with Kai, he started talking more, he showed emotions, and most importantly he was more defiant

~

Poltergeist's eye widened as he immediately jumped down from the balcony. Using the shadows to push All for One out of the way from an incoming spike.

Kai had tried to use his quirk on the floor for the first time and he instantly lost control. He grabbed him and got him as far away from the damage as he could. The spikes had punctured up through the ceiling into the floor above, as well as the walls into the next room over.

Poltergeist knew his arm was bleeding, but that wasn't what mattered right now. Kai had been in danger and all he could think about was getting him away from it. 'Kid, are you- Uh...'

Kai had passed out, his knuckles brushed up against the concrete floor Poltergeist was once more thanking the gods his quirk deactivated. The pressure of his quirk activating and being used on such a grand scale caused the bandages to rip and old scars to reopen. He sighed and took another look at the damage.

'I knew Overhaul was powerful, but damn kid... I wasn't expecting this.' Poltergeist closes his eye for a moment. 'Alright kid, let's get you to the lab. See if we can't bandage you up.'

He put one arm under Kai's legs, while he used the other to support his back, and his hand to hold his head. He looked to see if All for One was okay real quick before he left. The man seemed a bit shaken at his almost death but was otherwise okay.

He turned around and started walking to the Lab. He would just shadow there but his body was already exhausted from helping Kai train earlier. Plus, it's not like it was that far.

After about ten minutes of walking, he was able to set Kai down on the hot pink medical chair in the center of the room. 'I seriously wish he didn't choose such an emasculating color...' He muttered.

He took off what remained of the bandages and gagged at the sight. He had so many cuts on his arms... And they all fucking opened from the force of his quirk.

Blood was smeared on his arms, dripping down onto the red-stained floor. The bandages Poltergeist held in his hand were stained a very light muted red. From the dried blood already there and the fresh blood that smudged against them.

He breathed out a tired sigh and threw the filthy bandages in the trash, and grabbed some new ones from the cabinet. All they had left was gauze. It wasn't even close to what he used normally, and the scratchy material wouldn't allow the injuries to reclose. But he sighed again and just decided to buy more later.

Chronos was out on a mission and even with his ability to teleport using shadows, he wouldn't have the time to find the bandages.

Find the brand they use.

Purchase them.

Evade the police to buy the time to shadow back.

And then bandage his arms back up before Kai bled out and fucking died.

'I'll redo them once I have more of the kind we use.'

He stepped back over and set the box of gauze down before walking over to the counter and picking up a washcloth. He wiped the blood off his hands and then used a different cloth to clean Kai's arms. He noticed the child beginning to wake up. 'Hm... That didn't long.'

'Kai,' Poltergeist said, Chisaki was just barely awake at this point, but he was awake enough to listen. This was confirmed when Kai nodded his head. 'All we have is gauze for now. Once we're done here I'll go to the store and buy more actual bandages. But for now, you'll just have to just deal with the discomfort. Just for a little bit okay?'

Kai nodded again. This isn't the first time this has happened, so he was okay with waiting. And discomfort was something he was already used to so.

He finished wrapping Kai up and picked him up again. Opting to just shadow him to his room rather than walk up a quadrillion flights of stairs.

He laid him down on his bed, and gave him the siqushmallow thing Kai still slept with to him. He covered him with the blanket and stayed with him until he fell back asleep. Almost falling asleep himself multiple times in the process.

Manticore chuckled, she had seen him stay with him until he fell asleep many, many times now. Even though he always denied that he cared about the kid, no matter how many excuses he came up with Manticore knew.

The devil really does have a heart.