Saving Hawks

Fun Fact: Medusa got special permission to leave the base whenever they like to go visit Haru

~

Hawks glared at Thanatos. A member of the Yakuza group, Satana.

Present Mic: A Rank Villain: Thanatos! Real Name: Tanatosu Konoru! Quirk: Black Death! Anything he touches with his bare hands' withers and dies. But it has to be alive in the first place. Like... Trees or something.

'I can't let this guy touch me!'

'Thanatos! What the hell are you doing?!' A voice yelled.

Hawks looked over and saw S Rank Villain, Cerberus.

Present Mic: S Rank Villain: Cerberus! Real Name: Chisaki Kai! Quirk: Overhaul! He has the ability to manipulate the atoms of any solid matter he touches, bare hands or not. Though using it takes a great physical toll on his body. But... So does not using it? He kinda just has to suffer...

'What do you mean what am I doing?! I'm killing the target! What the hell are you doing?!'

'Father said to kill Hawk's fan! Not Hawks himself!'

Cerberus was sixteen, and Hawks had barely been a hero for a year. But... Why would their boss tell them to kill a hero's fan and not the hero? Unless... Was he lying?

'Eh- Seriously?! Ugh, why is your dad so weird?! Whatever! I'll go find the target, make sure Hawks doesn't try to stop me!'

'Yes Sir!'

Cerberus jumped from the building he was on and tackled Hawks. 'Just. Play. Along.' He whispered. 'If you don't you will die. Tanatos and I are too important to just kill. We'll be fine. Civilians will too, it's a win for everyone. Okay?'

'O-Okay...'

~

'Why did you save me?' Keigo asked.

'I had to. Tsukuyomi needs you.'

'Who's that?'

'Don't worry 'bout it for now. It's not important yet.'

'Okay? So... Anything you wanna like... Ask me or some-'

'What's it like to be a hero?!' Cerberus asked.

'Uh-'

'C'mon! You gotta tell me! Please? I have to know!'

'Well... It's pretty cool I guess. I get to make people smile. The accommodations are pretty sweet. The fans can be annoying and overbearing, but in the end, you know they just look up to you.'

'I see, what's it feel like when you save someone?'

'I feel good. Because I know that they're alive and well. I know that they're safe and that's just... That's just the best feeling in the world. Knowing someone is safe because you stepped in.'

'Wow, it sounds incredible. I wish I could feel something like that.'

'But you just saved my life. I'm only alive thanks to you.'

'Uh... Oh yeah, I guess I do know what it feels like.'

'You do, but can I ask you a question?'

'Yeah, totally.'

'I want to know why you're a villain if you like heroes so much.'

'Because what choice do I have? If I left where would I be? I'm growing up in the Yakuza. They're my family, Hawks.'

'Yeah,' Hawks said, 'I get that.'