Chapter 4: Life at the Hospital

Kiyotaka's POV

   Today is my 6th day staying in the hospital.

   To be honest nothing really interesting happens after the talk with Kei yesterday.

   She said she'll be visiting today after her class, I am looking forward towards it since I really got nothing to do here.

   I titled my head to look around my surroundings but nothing really took my interest so I just stared at the ceiling.

   My movement is very limited since I still can't move my entire body with the exception of my head and right arm so I mostly spend my time staring at the white ceiling occasionally looking at the window.

   After staring at the ceiling for the past 30 minutes I titled my head gazing at the window.

   Outside the window I can only view a tree branch with a bird's nest on top of it.

   Actually yesterday I saw the bird who made the nest bringing twigs and grass to it I am assuming the nest is still not fully developed, the bird's species is a Brown-eared Bubbul.

   It's scientific name is Hypsipetes Amaurotis it is a medium-sized bulbul native to eastern Asia. It is extremely common within the northern parts of its range and can be found from southern Sakhalin to the northern Philippines.

   Basically the bird can be found anywhere in japan it also belongs to the Pycnonotidae family which also includes greenbuls, brownbuls, leafloves, and bristlebills. The family is distributed across most of Africa and into the Middle East, tropical Asia to Indonesia, and north as far as Japan.

   Back at the White Room we studied almost every lifeform in earth so I can basically determine what species it belongs and it's description.

   I was just gazing at the window looking at the tree branch then my eyes changed direction from the branch to the sky.

   The sky was really beautiful the clouds was between 1,500 and 5,000 feet away from the ground forming a White, fluffy cumulus Clouds which is very nice to look at.

   I looked at the clock from the wall.

   *knock* *knock*

   The door opened and a male nurse entered my room holding a food tray on his hand

   "Good morning Kiyotaka" greeted the nurse

   "Good morning...?" I replied but I didn't know his name

   "I am sorry but I don't know your name, may ask for it?" I politely asked him with my monotone voice

   "Oh my name? It's Kitoaji but you can call me Kevin." said Keven

   "Good morning to you too Keven-san it's a pleasure meeting you." I said

   "It's a pleasure meeting you too Kiyotaka." replied Kevin

   "Anyways here's your breakfast." added Kevin

   "Ah, thank you." I thanked him

   "No need to thank me that's what we always do." he replied

   He then adjusted the bed's upper part so I can properly eat.

   The food tray is consist with an oatmeal with an orange juice.

   I ate my meal and it was nothing special to be honest, back in the White Room they only serve us oatmeal for breakfast, lunch and dinner basically we only eat oatmeal everyday.

   The orange juice wasn't that bad in fact it's tastier than the beverage we drink every back into that place since we aren't allowed to drink or eat anything sweet.