Shizue Karuizawa's Monologue

This past few days have been meaningful towards me, when the truck incident happened I saw Kei looking around her surroundings in terror it made me so worried about her. That day when the police called me made me shock as I ran as fast as I could to go towards Kei, my thoughts at that time was filled with anxiety and regret. When I arrived at where the incident took place I was relief to see Kei fine but was scared to see her emotionally scarred. After the talk with the police I went and try to calm her down but she just smiled and told me everything is okay... But everything is not okay.

Everyday when she came I always saw her smiling which first made me happy but at time I noticed that it wasn't a genuine smile which sparks a curiosity in my mind. I want to know why she was faking her smile so I asked her about school which she just shrugged and changed the subject, she also doesn't talk to me anything about her friends. Every time I asked her about how she was doing in school or about her friends she either ignore my question or changed the subject which made me question on what's happening to her in school.

There was a time I visited her school and asked her Principal and Homeroom Teacher how Kei was doing in school to which they replied that she was doing fine that she is always behaving in school but she was having trouble on her academic. Since she doesn't seems want to talk to me about how she was doing in school so I just try to give her motivation to read books and do better like saying 'Kei have been studying lately?' or 'You should read some books sometimes.' but it never worked. I still didn't know what made her think this way but when the truck incident happened everything started to change.

After the truck incident at first Kei didn't made an effort anymore on smiling even though was just faking a smile it still made me worried about her. She was just depress for the whole 3 days occasionally smiling when she noticed me, Shigerue, and Kona looking at her with concern written all over our faces. But when the day the boy, Kiyotaka, who saved her woke up from his comatose state I was very shocked when I saw Kei genuinely happy when she got home. That day made me very happy, it has been a very long time when I saw her smiled genuinely... Seeing her being happy really makes my heart warm, I don't know what happened between them that made her this happy but I am very thankful towards him for making her happy and smile.

Yesterday Kei told us that Kiyotaka and her has became friends but listening to her saying it made me smile that day, she never mentioned anything about her friend for a long time.

Although this is selfish or disgusting of me to think about it but I am very thankful that the incident happened.

Starting today I am gonna do everything I can to help and make Kei happy.

End of Monologue

I just wrote this after I finished writing chapter 5 since I already have been planning on writing this a long time ago

So what do you think of this monologue? If you liked this story I really appreciate it if you vote and comment since it really motivate me to write more

Also feel free to point out any mistake I made so I won't be making it next chapter!