Chapter 6 - The Karuizawas

3rd Person POV

In the middle of the living room Kei Karuizawa was sitting in her couch pondering about on what's gonna happen this day. Today was Saturday, the day where Kei and both her mother and sibling will visit Kiyotaka with her today, she was very excited to introduce Kiyotaka to her sweet little sister today.

She got up from the couch and went towards the kitchen, in the kitchen she opened their kitchen drawer and took a bowl, she grabbed a box of cereal at the counter and poured the contents in the bowl, she then opened the fridge taking a box milk and pour it in the bowl with a cereal in it. After preparing the cereal she then grabbed one apple at the counter and went back towards the living room eating her breakfast.

While eating her cereal she suddenly remembered that Kiyotaka and her are gonna have a study session today.

"Crap!" She panicked, she never had told her parents about her horrible grades at school. She was panicking on what to do, bringing some learning materials with her might raise some suspicion on her.

While Kei was lost in thought a man came down from upstairs, the man looked all over the place and upon landing his gaze on the young girl lost in her thoughts, "Oh Kei, good morning! I didn't know you woke up this early." The man greeted her breaking Kei from her thoughts

She looked on the person greeting her only to see her father, Shigerue Karuizawa, "D-Dad! Good morning!" She greeted back, Shigerue smiled and nodded back and went to the kitchen opening a cabinet and taking two slices of loaf bread and placed them in a toaster, while waiting for the bread to be toasted he conversed with Kei, "So why were you awake so early in the morning Kei?" He asked.

Kei replied, "I'm just very excited for today."

Hearing his daughter's reply to his question he could only reply with a warm smile on his face, seconds later he said, "I'm glad that you were having fun with your new friend Kei." to which Kei smiles at sentence.

*Ding!*

The toaster ejected the bread and Shigerue went to take the toast, "Anyway I'm gonna get ready to go for work now." He told his daughter to which she responded by saying "Okay." He then ate the two slices of loaf bread he toasted for breakfast.

The end of their conversation brought back Kei from her dilemma on what to do with bringing books with her, maybe she could cancel their study session today? But that would only make her spend less time with him in the hospital

_____

Minutes later Kei finally thought of an excuse about bringing some learning materials with her at the hospital. "Kei your still sitting at the couch?" her father fully dressed for work asked her.

Shigerue found it weird that Kei stayed at the living room without turning on the TV which she always does when she sat at the couch, it's even more weirder that the cereal and apple that she was eating hasn't been touch since he found her pondering about something early this morning.

"Is their something that's bothering you Kei?" He asked his daughter, hearing the question Kei once again broke out from her thoughts and replied "Auhm! I-it's nothing really important."

Before her father could say anything he was cut off by a lovely voice coming from upstairs.

"Honey, you're going to work now?" a blond woman came down from upstairs and asked Shigerue to which he answered, "Yes, I really must need to go this early Shizue, sorry." He then took his briefcase and prepare to leaves.