~3~

Iris
"yeah you bleed just to know your alive"

*****************************

Tears were streaming down Will's face like an open faucet.

Will looked up, to see that

Mike was standing there the entire time, staring with worried eyes, he looked on the verge of tears.

"Will- I" Mike started to say, but instead lunged forward grabbing Will into a tight hug.

Will's stomach exploded with butterflies and he hugged Mike back.

Even though Mike couldn't see Will's face, he knew Will was smiling.

He really needed that.

Mike broke the hug, and looked at with will sympathetic eyes.

"Will, oh my god your bleeding!" Mike jumped as he pointed to Will's hand.

Will looked down at his hand, revealing scratch marks and heavy blood.

Will always scratched himself when he was anxious, it was a tick.

Sometimes he would do it without even noticing.

"Oh.. uh yea it's fine, I'll be fine." Will says to Mike while pulling his rolled up oversized sleeve down to hide the scratch marks and bad wound, but Mike wouldn't budge.

Mike put out a hand to help Will up, and he took it with his un-injured hand.

After Mike helped Will up, Will walked past him, and to the paper-towel dispenser to wrap the wound.

"Can I help with anything?" Mike called, as Will looked at Mike's reflection in the mirror.

"Uh it's ok, I've dealt with wounds before." Will said shrugging with an awkward laugh, not really paying attention to what he said.

"So this has happened before?" Mike asked raising an eyebrow.

"Hm?" Will hummed shakily while carefully applying soap to his wound.

"You've preformed self-harm before this?" Mike asked, approaching Will.

"Uh.. i-it's actually more of a t-tick, than s-self harm.." Will said, trying to avoid eye contact with Mike.

"So you have anxiety..?" Mike asked, trying to make Will look at him.

"Uh.. s-something like that?" Will said, still trying to avoid eye contact.

"Oh.. well, mind telling me?" Mike said, his voice softening.

Will started to get nervous again. He didn't like talking about his past, and his disorder always makes people question what happened in his past.

"Oh u-uh, I don't really want to t-talk about it right n-now.." Will muttered, and without realizing it he started scratching his other hand.

Mike grabbed his un-injured hand and held it, to keep Will from scratching.

Then Mike lifted Will's chin to face Mike, forcing Will to look into his eyes.

This made Will's whole body explode with butterflies.

"Please, tell me." Mike whispered.

Will was staring at Mike's lips.

All Will could think about was kissing Mike, He thought about how amazing it would feel to kiss Michael Wheeler.

Mike looked at Will with puppy eyes longing to know why he hurt himself, although Will wasn't the only one nervous.

Mike was scared for Will, he was just such a beautiful boy with such a pretty smile for him to be so sad.

Wait.. did I just call Will beautiful?! No way I mean he is beautiful but- I- I'm not gay! But what's so wrong with thinking a beautiful boy is beautiful? it's not like he was gonna kiss him or anything. But- what's so wrong with a boy kissing boy?