~9~

"Yours"

"all i really wanted was that look in your eyes, like you already know that i'm the love of your life."

*****************************

I can't believe i just said that. El will never forgive me.

Max thinks to herself as she turns over on her couch.

I mean she's been through so much, and i can't just yell at her like that. I'm sure she was scared.

Max feels tears of self-anger well up in her eyes.

"No! Don't freaking cry! You're not a wuss!" Max yelled at herself.

She turned to lay on her stomach with her face down on the couch, holding her hands over her face, trying so hard not to bust into tears.

You're a brat Maxine.

Maxine.

Max's full name, only associated with when she had done something really bad that upset her parents, or teachers that don't understand nicknames.

Maxine.

Max had never called herself that before.

It felt so weird.

It felt.. horrible.

Because now she knew, she had really messed up.

She decided that at this point, wuss or not, the tears would come out eventually. So she let them out.

I invalidated her feelings. What if she actually is lesbian, and it wasn't just to make me feel better about myself?!

Max's negative train of thoughts and mixed sobs and cry's are interrupted by the doorbell ringing. Max was alone in her house, so she didn't know who would be at the door.

She thought for a second.

"Could it be..?" Max mutters to herself.

"No, it wouldn't be." Max said.

"It wouldn't hurt to check." Max said, sitting up.

She ran over to the door as fast as she could, her socks sliding on the ground as she ran.

Almost tripping, she opens the door.

"Oh." Max says out loud.

Just the stupid milk man.

"Thanks." Max says unenthusiastically as the man sets down the bottles of milk.

Max slams the door on the man, and stomps angrily back to the couch.

She throws herself on the couch once more and groans.

"I miss El so much." Max says aloud to herself.

She feels like crying again.

No, not again. Tears don't solve anything.

Max sits up on her couch, looking around the room for something.

She spots her phone.

She jumps up and runs over to get it, returning to the couch in record time.

She puts in the passcode, and goes to the texting app.

She looks at her top contact.

El❤️

She stares at the contact for almost 5 minutes, until she brings up the courage to start typing.