VANDALISM AND IDIOCY

____________c h a p t e r  f o u r t e e n

____________
c h a p t e r f o u r t e e n

Bianca leans against the familiar home as Dustin rings Lucas's doorbell, waiting patiently for their friend to come out.

The door swings open to reveal Lucas looking severely unimpressed. "What do you want?"

"Sheesh," Bianca mumbles pursing her lips. Conflict wasn't really her thing.

Prideful as ever, Mike simply stares him down, fighting hard not to apologize. At least, until Bianca and Dustin softly hit him in attempts to make him speak.

He lets out the most dramatic sigh ever, finally holding his hand out. "I drew first blood so..."

He simply lets them in, not accepting the handshake. Mike glances at Bianca in confusion, and she simply shrugs, pointing inside.

For a solid 3 minutes after letting them into his living room, he paces the floor before finally turning to them. "Okay, I'll shake."

Bianca and Dustin subtly high five each other as Mike holds his hand out, until Lucas continues. "On one condition. We forget the weirdo and go straight to the gate."

"No deal," Bianca interjects.

"Yeah, deal's off."

"Fine!"

"Fine!"

"No, no, no, not fine! Guys, seriously? Do you even remember what happened on the Bloodstone Pass?"

Eyeing their lack of recognition, he scoffs. "We couldn't agree on what path to take, so we split up the party and those trolls took us out one by one? And it all went to shit, and we were all disabled! So we stick together, no matter what!"

"He's right. We can't do this without each of us," Bianca sighs.

"Yeah, I agree. But this is the party, right here in this room."

"El is one of us now," Mike argues.

"Um, no, she's not. Not even close! Never will be. She's a liar, a traitor-"

"I really think she was just trying to keep us safe. She didn't mean to hurt you, it was an accident," Bianca cuts in.

"Okay, accident or not... Admit it. It was a little awesome."

"It was," Mike mumbles.

"Awesome?"

"Yeah, she threw you in the air with her mind!"

"I could have been killed!"

"Which is exactly why we need her. She's a weapon! Do you seriously wanna fight the demogorgon with your wrist rocket? That's like R2-D2 going to fight Darth Vader. We're no use to Will if we're dead," Mike gives a solid argument.