MERRY CHRISTMAS

__________c h a p t e r  n i n e t e e n

__________
c h a p t e r n i n e t e e n

They soon arrive at the hospital, and Bianca immediately runs into Sam's arms once she spots her.

"What happened to you?" Sam takes note of the bandage on her sister's forehead.

"A monster. And a few bullies," she shrugs, glancing at Steve. "What happened to him?"

"He fought Jonathan," Sam chuckles.

"I'm assuming he lost?"

"I can hear you, Bianca," he lifts his head.

"I know, Steven," she mocks.

"But he did kick some monster ass, if it's any consolation," Sam adds.

"Couldn't have done it without you," he smiles up at Samantha, while Bianca holds her hand out for a high five.

He reciprocates the gesture, but his gaze lingers on Samantha for a moment too long, mirroring her contagious grin.

"Why don't you go sit down? I'm sure you've had a long day," she points to the empty seat next to Mike, who attempts to pretend like he wasn't looking at Bianca.

"What was that about?" Sam narrows her eyes.

"He's weird, I don't know," Bianca evades the question, practically jumping to the seat.

Samantha then sits down, leaning her head on Steve's shoulder. "I gotta tell you something, and you need to promise me you won't be mad at me for telling you."

His eyebrows furrow in concern, and he turns his head to her as quickly as he can, despite the pain shooting through.

"We can go in the hallway?" he points to the door behind her, and she nods.

They walk over to the more private place, in which Sam paces for a solid minute before finally turning to Steve.

He doesn't interrupt, knowing she did it all the time when she was nervous, and stopping her would only make her pace more.

"I lied earlier," she lets out a breath. "Well, it wasn't a lie, but it wasn't the whole truth-"

"Wait, wait, relax. Lied about what?"

"The reason I was weird about Nancy is not just because I was afraid you were gonna disappear on me. I was jealous."

"Jealous of what?"