𝟎𝟎𝟖 || a deal with the devil

You were nervous

You were nervous.

A battle was about to begin as you stood at the back, watching how Gorou tried to negotiate with Sara while everyone of the soldiers stood in rows, waiting for the command to come for either an attack or retreat.

Your fear of battle was definitely not as bad as when you first came, though it still made you nervous. Luckily Kazuha caught up on this as he stood besides you, laying a hand on your back and smiling gently at you in an attempt to calm you down, what worked for a slight moment as you smiled back at the boy.

Sadly Sara and Gorou didn't came to an agreement again and you knew that it would take a long while till they would of sorts, and now you were given a signal to strike the opponent.

Kazuha was quick to dash forward together with Tomo and multiple other Soldiers of the resistance, clashing swords and spears while you pulled out an arrow and took aim, injuring the shoguns Army like you were ordered.

Though this time it seemed to be not going well as the enemies forces moved forward and soon had the upper hand in the battle. Kazuha and Tomo were both far at the front, defeating the samurais to no end, but it was no use.

Your heart rate rose at the sight of the shoguns army coming closer and closer, breaking through your own forces as you backed away more and more, shooting down the ones who came too close to you while everyone else was struggling.

Gorou had a handful of enemies around him, hastily looking around as the situation escalated quickly. His attention was caught by Sara who took aim with her bow that was charged with electric energy, her eyes narrowing on her target as the male turned his head to detect the one she was aiming at.

"[ Y/N ]!" He shouted, trying to get your attention the moment he figured out you were Sara's target, causing you to halt for a moment when the arrow was shot before you could realize what was happening.