03

day three
the music that plays.

all the seven princes from the neighboring kingdoms were present in the clothing shop only a week later (with no crowns on their heads to conceal their royal identity which chan had tried to convince the others that they didn't need to but seungch...

all the seven princes from the neighboring kingdoms were present in the clothing shop only a week later (with no crowns on their heads to conceal their royal identity which chan had tried to convince the others that they didn't need to but seungcheol strongly didn't want to wear the crowns and they must listen to elders), jio's fashion is written in a stylish handwriting as the oldest prince among the seven walk towards the counter, asking where the suit section is.

"over there," the person working at the counter pointed his hand to the far-end of the store, "do you have a booking?" the person working at the counter asked, busy typing.
"yes, we do have a booking." seungcheol smiles as the person working there could only nod, asking him what name the booking was under.

"under the name of prince choi seungcheol," he spoke (which by the way, why even bother not wearing your crown when you directly announce you're a royal am i right?) and the cashier puts a halt to his typing, face in complete disbelief and pressing a quick button before a rushing ceo was coming out of a room.

"y — yes, hello prince seungcheol of the sapphire kingdom, right this way." the group of friends couldn't hear what the ceo had said to cashier person but soon after he leaves, another person walks over to the owner of the store.

"you called jio?" a boy with brown locks asked — stylish and chic with his clothing. the group of royal couldn't believe that the guy in front of them was just a simple worker.

"yes haoie, please escort these princes to the suit section, i am quite busy right now with all the dresses and things, i'll make it up to you back home okay?" he sends a sorry face to the boy as the chinese just agrees with no feelings rooted deep in his heart, they weren't nobles, so he was fine.

"noted," and the owner runs off again, hair in a mess but the boy who had walked over had a calm look on his face.

"welcome to jio's fashion, i'm minghao. i'll be your attender for your entire visit — this way please." the princes followed suit alongside the guard who stood close by the crown prince of the diamond kingdom. there was also the butler near chan which made him highly uncomfortable unlike his guard.
the exact kingdom they were all in as of right now was chan's home kingdom; also known as the diamond kingdom.

the prince of the jade kingdom was interested in the clothing worker that was escorting them as the other five were choosing and trying on clothes — making comments on the suits and asking what design they should try to which minghao was quick to answer or soonyoung thought he was quick to answer. he didn't really know. soonyoung wasn't really paying attention in the first place.

his attention was more focused on the boy with raven locks — sitting on a wooden stool with a guitar in his hands.

"hey soons?"
"yeah?" he answered, snapping out of his little stare at the guitarist as they all pay for the suits.
"focus," mingyu tapped on his shoulder, giving a bright smile as minghao pulled open a tray of the masquerade masks.

"this is all the masquerade masks with no bookings or payments." minghao stated but his words drifted in and out of soonyoung's ears — his eyes now drifting to focus on the boy who smiled at the little children dancing to his music that he played.

he didn't even know he was smiling at that sight until joshua pointed it out (don't worry, he promised to not tell anyone, or so he hoped).

"hey soonyoung, this would look great on you!" shouted the prince of the rose quartz kingdom as he shoved the simple mask with the gold outlines and white highlights onto the shape of his eyes.
soonyoung could only agree and booked for it before he rushed out of the shop and listened to the alluring music made by a short raven hair.

seungcheol yelling at him from behind but only brought his head down as he realized it was no use.

minghao could care less about who the prince of the ruby kingdom was intrigued by. he placed the mask with the suit to pack for later — the younger chinese walking back to the group of royals, hands full of their chosen masks.

his mouth was busy answering the questions they were asking — but one was quite questionable (it was from prince chan himself), "minghao, that's the lee family's only child right?" the boy asked as he pointed to the boy with his guitar.
"hm..? oh.. yeah.. that's lee jihoon of the noble lee family — he came by a few days ago with his friends or so.. i don't know.. i never paid attention anymore since.."

chan gave him sad eyes.

"the lee family?" seungcheol questioned as joshua helped the working tailor with packing the masks who allowed him.

"the lee family is one of the noble families here in the diamond kingdom — alongside with the yoon and boo family.." minghao answered, muttering a quick thanks to the prince of the opal kingdom.

"the noble families of the diamond kingdom are also invited to the party right?" asked the prince of rose quarts, curiosity looping his voice as he asked the question towards the tailor.
".. yeah — so lee jihoon will be present in that party," minghao spoke, trying to act strong as he remembered looking over the list a few days ago. his hands shakily busy with packing the boxes and handing them to the princes — but ultimately, the servant who was with them (going by the name of jiseok) took them from minghao's hands.

—— 👑

kwon soonyoung of the ruby kingdom was allured for the lovely voice of lee jihoon of the noble lee family — and felt his insides melt once he saw a young citizen compliment the boy which made jihoon smile and mumble out a quick thank you.

the scene going somewhere like this:
"mister! your voice is really pretty!" the little girl complimented, body swaying to the music jihoon's guitar had created.
"thank you," replied the boy, a smile on his face as he sang out loud with his hands strumming the guitar for the dancing residents of the head village.

the prince loved how this kingdom was able to actively interact with each other with no worries of differences and anything. they weren't sad when the king announced the masquerade party was only available to royal and noble families — because they knew that the nobles would always choose to spend their time busking and hanging out in the village of carat.

prince soonyoung especially loved how their bodies moved to the beat of the music that jihoon played — something his kingdom didn't do at all after the king claimed music to be a royal thing and to not be shared (soonyoung hated that as well but also because the king banned the listening of music only a few months later).

the carat village was the main village to visit in the diamond kingdom — where all the commoners, nobles and even the royals could hang out and sing out their worries — busk and play in the central area as bodies danced with the music.

soonyoung loved this kingdom for being so care-free.
but he loved listening to the noble's voice more than ever.

"hey, i've been looking at you since a while ago
it's our first time but everything is fun,
i wanna know more
hey, don't just laugh
i can take you to a place you've never been before
come with me, put it on put it on me
you got this, put it on put it on me
i know you'll take my hand eventually
cause i know that you've been dreaming."

soonyoung found himself slightly dancing to the music playing in the background with the younger's angelic voice with a child-like smile painted on his lips.
music always reminded him of the queen — his mom, back in his kingdom who always looked after him through the sky.