( ! ) 08

day eight
the night is still young — dance.

** mentions of domestic abuse, please skip if you are uncomfortable around this said topic

** mentions of domestic abuse, please skip if you are uncomfortable around this said topic. this whole chapter is not fluff and includes angst, and minghao's past especially.

—— 👑

some people might call minghao crazy, and yes, he was indeed crazy. not only did he just chug down one of his most hated soju flavors in one gulp (he doesn't even drink or like soju in the first place), he had drank at least four bottles of it after realizing who else could be in the masquerade ball in the next few hours.

he made a big mistake on accepting jeonghan's request — he was so overcome by joy that he could go to masquerade party that he forgot his stupid ex-boyfriend was a noble!

a noble — his ex was a noble!
all the nobles in the diamond kingdom were all invited.

but something — or maybe even someone stopped him from even thinking further about this fearful memory and trauma.
he felt scared, and afraid — he was sure he would see him there, he was a hundred percent sure that his abusive ex-boyfriend was going to be there. he was a noble after all — apart of the noble ji family.

the brunette had already seen him multiple times when he was working, and even if jio didn't show it — he was very protective over his workers especially if they had been abused before. he was overly protective over minghao since the chinese male was like a son (technically is his son) towards the shop owner.

he remembered the day he ran to jio that day, wanting to escape the pain, the bloodshed and everything that hurt in his body — his voice was hoarse from crying in pain but the father figure listened to every detail despite everything minghao had said sounding a bit jumbled and hard to listen to.

he had called the police the following morning, explaining the situation and the guy was arrested until he was bailed out by his super rich family who babied him like he didn't do anything wrong and threatened minghao if he told anyone else about their baby's wrong-doings, he would be dead on the ground with no one attending his funeral.

the brunette had to go to therapy for the next following months and jio paid for everything. his.. jio's mother went though the same thing so he wanted to make sure minghao had all the support he got.

the doors of his apartment banged and minghao was on his feet again, his heart pounding in his heart as trauma took over his mind.

"minghao it's just me!" seungkwan yelled out and the brunette knew who it was banging on his door at nine am in the morning. he sighed, too lazy to stash away the green glass bottles and made his way towards the door that was shaking from seungkwan's banging.