13

day thirteen
a splash of color!

there was something in common between the prince of the jade kingdom and the 'adopted' child of manager and founder of jio's clothing, itomo jio

they both hated the color white on clothes and mostly everything. they wanted it a mess — a splatter of color was always needed in their lives.

whilst white told a story of purity and peace to others, it told a sickening story towards the chinese younger. in his eyes, white was the color of death and ironically enough, the color of his masquerade mask was white.

he hated the color because he knew his parents saw white the moment they died on the hospital bed together side by side. he was only the age of six but didn't have the best parents. he lived a life of terror and hiding away behind a corner when he saw his mom's black tip fingers — a clear sign of magic flowing through her veins.
they weren't the best but his mom still tried her best to raise him properly yet he still didn't feel any remorse or sadness over his parents' death.

in the other hand, jio was only eighteen when he was handed his father's business when his father, the same person who didn't care about his own son and just cared for the money — the same person who let his friends use, rape his mother and abused his mother, was suddenly trusted with a six year old chinese boy.

jio's father did not give a fuck about the chinese six year old minghao, so the chinese was forcefully given to his son; jio.

he made sure minghao was loved in his whole entire life living with jio but the moment minghao moved out — he felt stuck. never in his life would he imagine his sickened life he thought he would spend years of just pointlessly working — instead he spent those years with a parentless six year old, watching him grow until he was eighteen and cried his heart out when he moved out.

he felt.. an obscure emotion that he himself couldn't even name. was it foilsickness? or was it something else?

but jio's heart was set to an ease once minghao chose to work with his legal guardian. staying close by with their relationship as legal guardian-teenager grew until minghao was an adult.
when the younger chinese was an adult, we knew the story that unfolded itself in front of ours in a horror story.

jio still hated himself for letting a young adult experience what his mother must have felt when she was still living.

junhui on the other hated that every single clothing he had had no ounce of black or dark colors, always a drowning white or a light pretty jade that never seemed to compliment junhui's style.
so he treasured the suit that was a dark navy when his friends (the princes) gave to him.

he loved the colors — it brought him life and gave him things to style himself with, so he always enjoyed it.
the color white was also one of the reasons junhui refused to stay in his kingdom. everything hurt his eyes because of the color white his mother always loved.