16

day sixteen
the family of secrets.

the family of the yoons were a highly respected family in the diamond kingdom as it is in the top three highest noble families in the diamond kingdom and as well has the final say in the royal council  — hence it was a rare occasion if you have go...

the family of the yoons were a highly respected family in the diamond kingdom as it is in the top three highest noble families in the diamond kingdom and as well has the final say in the royal council  — hence it was a rare occasion if you have gotten a chance to meet or talk with the parents of the sociable yoon jeonghan who still talked to others despite social status.

shotaro was indeed a lucky individual as a prince from another land.

"taro!" shouted jeonghan in excitement as he ran towards the prince with open arms. despite the age gap the two friends shared, the two didn't mind and still treated each other like same-age friends.

"hello hannie-hyung! how are you?" shotaro asked as he felt his hyung wrap his arms around him. "i'm doing great as of right now, how about you?" the older released the prince from his hold, a grin on his face as he listened to the younger.

"doing great!" replied back the younger as they entered the yoon family's prized garden — where seungkwan was waiting there with a worried expression on his face.

"hyung?" the boy with his pinkish hair titled his head at the prince before deciding to give a small bow towards the prince and continued his sentence to the older, "have you heard from jihoon-hyung? i haven't seen him in the past week and i'm getting worried." the boy nervously bit his inner lips — the boy who took care of everyone aside from himself was worried about a boy older than him.

"he's probably just visiting the czenia kingdom you know? he has relatives there.." shotaro freezes.

"right.. i know that — but he would usually send a message or two to tell us right?" the older nodded as seungkwan let out a groan of frustration and worry. his eyes welled in his own tears but he decides that it isn't a time to cry in front of a prince.

the never-ending fear of losing someone without knowing you lost them until a phone rings up and says they're gone — that was ever-living trauma for seungkwan. it was what happened with his mother as well, what he considered a peaceful day where everything seemed fine was shattered once the young noble picked a phone call from the hospital.

ever since that day, they always updated the younger with a weekly message saying that they were fine — even better if it was a daily check-in so seungkwan wasn't worrying so much in his own head space.

an awkward silence wrapped the trio as seungkwan continued to silently panic — shotaro wanted to help with saying he knew someone from the czenia kingdom but then he remembered, they were only acquaintances in an arranged married none of them agreed to so he kept quiet.

—— 👑

the yoon family..
the yoon family...
the yoon family....

do you ever wonder how a noble family works?

a noble family can be just a really rich family or a really important family to the royal family — the yoon family was both. they were wealthy and equally important to the royal family in the kingdom.

for years now, the rumors that tailed the yoon family grew — always growing in size especially when the oldest out of two siblings does something crazy or a new added member to the family like a new-born or a spouse.

yoon jeonghan was the oldest in the current yoon family generation — and why they were so important towards the royal family was that they had quite the strong connections.

the yoons were considered the social people of the nobles — being able to casually talk with royal bloods and get a good amount of information from good and bad people with clouded eyes, hence why his social skills were so much better than anyone else's.

jeonghan knew shotaro like a mother knowing what her six year old son would like the most in the toy shop whilst a father would struggle to pick up a toy to look at the price.

shotaro and jeognajn trailed behind seungkwan, the noble fussing over jihoon who just picked up the phone.

"may i know why you're here, taro?" the noble asked the prince of the pandora kingdom who looked down at his feet, fidgeting with his fingers while jeonghan noticed. "we can talk later, it's fine,"

—— 👑

two cups of tea is perfectly set in front of the two friends, seungkwan was long gone as he had matters to attend with jihoon who was still in the diamond kingdom.

"so, is there anything new this time?"
"my parents arranged a marriage for me today."

jeonghan eyes him, passing him a biscuit as he leaned in closer when he recognized that the conversation was leaning to more personal territory, meaning he couldn't share this information unless needed or granted permission within his personal rule-book, "is that so?"

shotaro wasn't someone who was usually sad — usually he was more active, bubbly and happy but this shotaro was sad, upset and rejected almost, like he had lost a close love one and was forced to continue on with life.

"yea.. dad and papa said they wanted me to stop by the czenia kingdom on behalf of them for a bit to see king jaehyun and his spouse king taeyong and i did — only then was i able to see the message they sent to me saying they had agreed with the czenia kings that they would allow their youngest son to marry me in hopes of a better friendship between the two kingdoms."

jeonghan's eyes soften, "did you wish to marry someone else?"

shotaro's head shot up, "no! no.. i just.. the young prince — i mean.. prince sungchan doesn't seem to like me that much.. he said a few things that might have made me cry but i don't think the marriage is gonna be cancelled anytime yet."

the older took his hand in his, sadly smiling as a form of comfort, "sometimes, love takes a while, i'm sure prince sungchan will adore you the more you spend time together, it takes time okay shotaro?" the boy nods, "now come on, let's enjoy this day together!"