05

day five
lunch and bejeweled necklaces.

"seokmin, order for table 17!" the barista happily nods and takes the tray from his co-worker hands — quickly arriving at the table and placing down the drink and flashing his signature smile before running off towards the kitchen to pick up whate...

"seokmin, order for table 17!" the barista happily nods and takes the tray from his co-worker hands — quickly arriving at the table and placing down the drink and flashing his signature smile before running off towards the kitchen to pick up whatever order he had to take.

the boy who was sitting at table 17 was shocked at the fast delivery and wanted to say thank you but before he could — the waiter had dashed off to the kitchen.

the prince with his mask and cap could only sigh and cursed at the amount of people visiting the cafe on this fine day.
just one hello or greeting and i'll be fine for this whole week.

joshua loves going to this cafe — and not because of the delicious food they sell but because of a certain boy who had this mesmerizing smile which managed to light up the world in joshua's usually organized mind.

he remembered coming here once when the store was just newly opened and it was his first time going to the diamond kingdom, he didn't know places and randomly stumbled upon the opening shop — not a lot of people entered and ordered something so when the prince of the opal kingdom entered and ordered, the first person he saw was the waiter with the beautiful smile in front.

it was like the world stopped — and it always did whenever the worker named seokmin walked in front of him or served him.
joshua sighed, and picked up his cup of coffee — being an idiot despite being a literal prince, he nearly forgot about the mask he was wearing.

silly me, he laughed at himself but stopped at a random thought that crossed his mind, mom would yell at me if i did something like that in front of her.

each kingdom had a role.
joshua's kingdom was known for medicine, and the price that came with working with this role they picked for curing numerous of illnesses was for the amount of perfectionists that littered the streets of his kingdom and criticized him and his every action.

they pushed phones, cameras and microphones in his face when he came outside — the worse came when he came out to his parents and reporters had pooled at the doors of the castle.

the prince wanted that to stop, so whenever he could, he escaped to neighboring kingdoms — the usual was the jade kingdom but the jade kingdom didn't have a seokmin in their cafes right?
though, he did form a strong bond with prince junhui, the kingdom was also a perfectionist kingdom so they both fled to different kingdoms often.

so they always visited the diamond kingdom — even if it meant it needed a boat to get there, he always hid under his other name.
prince joshua was the normal, princely name he used and since the need of an english name was needed in their kingdom (which pissed joshua off), he always disliked using it in any other place that didn't have royal officials.
hence why joshua always tried to use his korean name in other kingdoms when he was hiding.