06

day six
the library and him.

prince mingyu of the amethyst kingdom usually learnt a lot of the most useless facts with the amount of time he spends cooped up in the royal library

prince mingyu of the amethyst kingdom usually learnt a lot of the most useless facts with the amount of time he spends cooped up in the royal library. he has read every story in the castle library of his kingdom, about sixty percentage of the sapphire kingdom's royal library and he was gonna read all the possible books he could get his hands on in the village library (most notably, qian's history and stories) of the carat village located in the diamond kingdom.

but as his hands trailed along the spines of each book placed on the shelves, he stops at one titled with gold fancy handwriting, 'the tales of the diamond kingdom.'
the prince takes the book out of the shelf and opens the book to what looks like the contents written the pages were.. hand-written (which was new to the usual book-reader mingyu who knew useless things of each kingdom).

mingyu held it close as a librarian with his glasses heavily sighed from the top of the ladder he was standing on. he was tall, but not taller than mingyu, he was fit but with a thinner appearance than mingyu.

he was mingyu but reduced everything by a solid twenty to thirty percent — plus he also had glasses which he pushed up whenever he let out a loud groan in frustration.

"jesus fucking christ, where the fuck did it go?" the librarian curses, pulling out books to read the title before pushing it back into their slots with one finger pushing forward. he was looking for one book and that one book was held close to a certain prince of the amethyst kingdom.

his eyes shut as he let out a frustrated sigh, "someone else probably has it and is currently reading it right now," he tried to convince himself, but that would only relieve him until he checked it out himself.
he was working alone today, both his coworker kun and doyoung were out in some kind of date with their own partners but wonwoo didn't care. he didn't care about anything related to love.

he climbed down the ladder, landing on his feet as he dragged himself to the counter where a taller male was standing there with the book wonwoo was looking for. his eyes took one good look at the boy in front of him and noticed the features.

out of all the people i meet today, i meet kim mingyu of the amethyst kingdom, great.

yes, all librarians in the village library, a royal place to be (since it was considered by the royal family as a place of royalty blessing for having that one book) — had to memorize the features of the princes of neighboring kingdoms.

there's a reason for that as the book he was holding was a royal book trusted to the village kingdom and only royals can borrow it. citizens are allowed to read it as they please, but they're given a time limit as the pages were brittle.