three

1976

Y/N's pov

                               —

It's been a couple of days since I started working at Fredbear's, and if I'm honest, it's actually not that bad. The only thing wrong is that the uniform is slightly too big, but that's fine. Henry and I are getting closer, and we're basically friends now. There is one thing that's off, though.

He keeps mentioning a person named Will.

He claims that they're best friends, and that he's always here when we work. The way he keeps talking about him makes him look obsessed. To be honest, I sort of think He's delusional. I have never encountered anybody named Will. I've only encountered the teenagers who must've only got this job for the free pizza. I've also met a really sweet woman who comes in occasionally. Her hair was strawberry blonde and she usually came in with that one British kid. She never stayed for long, though. She typically just dropped the rug burn kid off and left. I mean, his uncle is always here.

I mean, hey, at least the kid has friends. Every time he's here, he's hanging out with at least 3 kids his age. He'd run around with them, making lots of noise, which always made me internally scream.

Although, today was slightly different. I went to work as usual, and guess who I saw? British boy. We weren't even open yet and he was already playing in the arcade area. I stare directly at him and walk over.

"Hey, buddy, what're you doing here so early? It's like 7 am," I ask, leaning against the closest arcade game to him. He looks up at me for a moment before going back to the game, not saying a word. "Okay then. What's your name again?"

WIthout even looking up, he says, "Michael. Now stop talking, You're gonna make me die."

Harsh.

"Sorry, continue on, then." I roll my eyes at him and walk towards Henry's office, knocking on the door.

"It's open!" he calls out. Once I walk through the door, he immediately puts on a smile and looks at me. "Oh, hey, Y/N! What's up?"

"Nothing really. I just talked to that kid–Mike–and I guess he doesn't like me all that much," I sit down on a chair across from him, resting my elbow on his desk.

"Oh, Mike's here? I didn't even notice. It could also be because you're an unfamiliar face, he's not good with new people. Don't worry, though, he'll likely warm up quickly."

"Maybe,"

There was silence for a moment as I glanced down, staring at a photo frame. In the photo, it looked like some college kids. Definitely Henry, but there were 3 other people in it. One looked like the woman who brought Mike here, but the other two were unfamiliar.

"Hey, Henry? Who's in that photo?" I asked. Henry looked at it and smiled.

"That's an old photo. Me, Will, Clara, and my girlfriend,"

"Wait, that Will person actually exists?"

"Uh.. yeah? I'm not insane, Y/N. Hold on, I told him to give you your tasks on Tuesday, did he not?"

"No? I've never seen him before."

"Oh my gosh, I'll have to talk to him about that." Henry sighed, rolling his eyes as if this had happened before.

I smiled a bit and looked away from him, not knowing what to respond with.

"You don't have to stay in here, you know. You can always go do something else. Besides, if Will didn't give you tasks, I'll just give them to you myself.. Once I print them again." Henry told me, making me smile.

"Alright then, I'll just sit around and do nothing until then," Henry laughs a bit and I leave, walking toward the main area again. I see Michael still at the same game, so I walk over again.

"Go away." He said, a hint of annoyance in his voice.

"You should be nicer, you know," I tell him, looking over his shoulder. He died.

Michael scoffed and looked at me, his arms crossed. "You made me die!" He shouts. "Ugh! Go away!"

"Sorry. Why are you here this early?"

Michael shot me a weird look. "Why do you want to know?"

"Because who wakes up at 7 am just to come here?" He laughs a bit at my question, but quickly stops as he makes his face serious.

"Me."

"Did your mom drop you off or something?"

"Nuh-uh."

"Henry?"

"No. Why would he do that?"

"I don't know, he's your uncle, right"

"Nuh-uh. He's my fathers best friend. We just call him uncle."

"Oh, that makes sense,"

"Mmmhm,"

"Well, Michael, how old are you?"

"I'm not telling you."

"Okay then. Do you have any siblings?"

"I have a sister. She's annoying. All she does is cling to father." He then mumbled something quietly, making sure I didn't hear.

"What's her name?"

"Why do you want to know so much about my life? Leave me alone.."

"Well, you're like always here, and I work here, I'm friends with your uncle.. So It'd be nice to know each other a bit, right?"

"I.. I guess. But that doesn't mean you get to know my secrets!"

I laugh a bit and nod in agreement. "Deal,"

"Well, if you asked me tons and tons of questions, that means I get to ask you some!"

"Yeah, I guess,"

"Hmm. What's your name?"

"Y/N,"

"How old are you?"

"Almost 23,"

"You're old! Just like my father!"

We both laugh a bit and walk around, asking each other questions. Turns out he's 6, and his sister is almost 2.

"Hey, Michael?" I say, looking around a bit.

"Yeah?" He responds, looking up at me.

"I'm gonna head to the bathroom, alright?"

"Yeah, okay. I'm going to play in the arcade again because somebody made me die." He rolls his eyes and skips off.

I smile and walk down the hallway, bumping into something–or someone.

"Sorry," A voice says, laced with a British accent. "You.. must work here?"

I look up, seeing a slightly familiar face. This is Will? Sure looks like him a bit.

"Yeah. I'm sorry too, I must've zoned out,"

"Ah, don't apologize, it's entirely my fault. What's your name?"

"Y/N, but you can't be fully blamed, I was barely aware if anybody was in here or not."

"Quit blaming yourself. How long have you worked here? I don't recall ever meeting you,"

"A couple of days,"

"Mm, makes sense. Afton. William Afton." He says, extending his hand for me to shake. I hesitantly shake it and nod.

"Y/N L/N. It's nice to meet you, Mr. Afton," I say, softly smiling at him.

"Likewise. I should go, Henry said he needed to talk to me about something. It's always me he talks to, can you believe that?" He chuckles softly, shaking his head a bit. "You have a good day, L/N. I'll surely see you around, right?"

"Yeah, definitely."

He nods and walks off. Leaving me to go wherever I was going before