twenty

William's POV
8 months later..
-

The call came while I was at work.

Y/N had stayed home that day due to some soreness, and had told me not to worry about her.

Our son wasn't due to be born for another three weeks, so I hesitantly took Y/N's advice to go into work either way.

I dropped the phone once I heard the six words.

"Will, I think my water broke.."

I rushed home right away, cursing myself out while doing so.

I didn't care if Henry yelled at me for leaving unannounced. I don't care what happens at the moment. I only care that Y/N is safe.

-

I sped home to Y/N pacing around the living room, and I noticed the shake in her hands when she paused and looked at my disheveled figure.

"Will, I-" She started, panic lacing her voice.

"Shh, love, it's alright. Let's get you to the hospital now, yeah?" I walked toward her, my hands running down her arms gently as a way to comfort her.

She nodded and reached for one of my hands, gently intertwining our fingers as she smiled at me. She was breathing a bit heavy, clearly scared.

-

After what felt like hours of waiting, the doctors finally got Y/N into her hospital gown and into the delivery room.

I had stepped out of the room to make a phone call to Henry, apologizing for leaving and asking him to get the kids. Once I stepped back in, I immediately smiled at Y/N.

She looked so beautiful sitting on that bed. Even when she was in pain, disheveled, and shaky.

She's always beautiful to me. No matter what state she's in.

"W-Will?" Y/N looked at me, and I extended my hand out to hers, holding it gently.

"Yes, my love?" I responded calmly, my heart breaking as she started having another contraction, squeezing my hand tightly.

"Don't- Ow, ow ow! Please- please, don't leave me, Will, I-I'm scared and I-I don't know what to do and-"

"Hey," I squeezed her hand back lightly, feeling mine go numb from how hard she squeezed, "you're all right, Y/N. You're doing magnificent. Soon our son will be here, yeah? Our son." I smiled at her warmly, kissing her forehead softly. "You're already a great mother. You'll be even greater with him."

"Will, I'm scared."

"And you have every right to be. I'm right here for you, darling. I won't leave your side."

"What about Mike? And Lizzie? I- What time is it? You need to go get them from school, I- We can't leave them alone. How w-will they get home? I-"

"Y/N, love. Don't worry. Henry's sitting in the waiting room with them right now."

"But- We- mmmhh! Ow! Shit- Will- Will, get the nurse, please- I think- I think he's coming.."