seventeen

smut warning :)
-

I groan as I plop down onto the couch, exhausted from the day. It was currently 7:30 PM and I've just got home from dropping the Afton kids off at Clara's.

Clara's been doing well ever since the divorce went through. Surprisingly, she doesn't hate me. In fact, she literally thanked me for the divorce. She said she has never been happier.

And I guess I'm happy for her. I don't know what else to say. I'm shocked that she didn't like William being all nice. Well, if he treated her like that.

I can't help but to think about that moment. The moment I showed up on Clara's doorstep with her children next to me. She opened the door, not expecting it to me who was there. That's when we started to talk a bit about William, and that's when she thanked me.

I don't know when he got there, but when I look up from the couch, I see William's figure leaning in the doorframe.

"Oh, hi," I greet him, sitting up a bit taller.

"What are you thinking about, my love?" He doesn't even greet me. Now I see why Clara thanked me.

"Nothing. Just— I don't know."

"Are you sure? You've been staring at the wall for.." He checks his watch briefly, then looks back at me. "3 minutes. Is something bothering you?"

"No. No, William, I'm fine," He lets out a low hum and sits down next to me, grabbing my hands in a comforting manner.

"If something's bothering you, talk to me, love. Okay?" He stares into my eyes, his.. light blue? Grey? I can't tell. His eyes pierce into me like a knife.

Before answering him, I inhale deeply. "Yeah. You wanna know what's bothering me?"

"What is it, my love?"

"The fact that my favorite person in this entire world isn't here right now."

"What ever do you mean? I'm right.. Oh. Michael? Yes. Yes, but your second favorite is here, right?"

"Nope. Lizzie isn't," He frowns.

"Third?"

"Henry's not here either,"

"You prefer my best friend over me? Wow."

"I'm only joking. You're my third favorite." He frowns a bit. "But.. If we're talking about adult favorites, you're definitely my favorite." I smile and kiss his cheek.

"Yeah, yeah. I already knew that." He rolls his eyes, his face pink.

"Really? You seemed sad, Afton." I squeeze his hands and get slightly closer to him.

He takes a glance at our hands and at what I'm doing. He inhales sharply. "Pretending."

"Oh, one word answers now? Is someone's mind getting a little too ahead of itself?" I let go of his hands and trail them up his arms and to his chest. He looks away and doesn't answer.

"Come on, Afton. I know that you have more to say." I'm playing with the buttons on his shirt, undoing one. That gets his attention.

"Don't start something you can't finish." He replies, his voice low and slightly shaking.

"I would never."

1

2

3 more buttons undone on his shirt and that's when he takes my hands and sets them by my side.

"Don't be a tease." He says, standing up, redoing his shirt. His back is facing me, and I stand up as well, hugging him from behind. He freezes, probably unsure of what to say. I slide my hands up his shirt and wait for his reaction.