two

1976

                          —

Y/N glanced up at him and nodded with a small smile. She was given a pen and an application form for her to write her information. She carefully wrote down whatever she had to, being truthful. Once she was done, she handed the paper to Henry.

"Alright! I'll read it over, and then I have a few simple questions for you," Henry stated.

"Alright," Y/N responded. The room was silent now, only being broken by the paper turning. Y/N glanced at the drawings once more, seeing one she hadn't looked at.

"My fun day!" it said. The drawing was of a yellow bunny and bear, with small stick figures representing the children. The stick figures were all very close to the stage. That was it. Y/N looked back at Henry who had been staring at her.

"Oh, sorry. I was looking at the drawings," Y/N admitted, letting out an awkward laugh.

"No, no, it's perfectly fine! It draws everybody's attention," Henry replied, smiling once more.

Y/N nodded as she didn't have a response for the man.

"Okay, well," he started. "Question time!"

Y/N smiled. If she did in fact get a job here, she knew they would definitely get along great.

"Alright, first, do you smoke at all?"

"No,"

"Hm, okay. Are you good with kids?"

"Uh, yeah, I think so?" Henry stared at her with doubt. Y/N sighed. "Come on, I tried to help the kid earlier! He's stubborn."

"That I can agree on," He laughed. "Anyway, what's your experience with engineering?"

"Oh, uh.. I don't have any experience."

"That's alright! I can teach you!" Y/N smiled. "Okay, finally, are you good with people in general? Like, if you and another person needed to do something together, would you fight?"

"I don't think so. Not unless they start the fight,"

Henry nodded. "Alright. You actually seem.. Perfect for the job! Here, um.. I'm gonna need your si- clothing size, so I can give you the uniform,"

"Oh, okay. *size*"

"When are you able to work?"

"Any day. I have no life,"

Henry laughed and nodded. "How about tomorrow? So I can give you the uniform, of course. I also have to make you a name tag,"

"Tomorrow would be perfect, yeah!"

"Great! You don't have to stay any longer if you don't want to. We have like 3 birthday parties today, and hell, is it going to be chaos. I'm only saving you from being trampled by a bunch of 6 year olds."

Henry and Y/N began to laugh. It felt nice to actually talk to someone who she gets along with. Even if they just met.

"Okay, well, I'll see you tomorrow?" Y/N asked.

"Yep! Have a good night, Y/N."

"You too, Henry!"

And with that, she walked out. She made her way down the hall and back into the main area with the arcade games and children. It seemed quieter than it was before. She then realized the children from earlier weren't running around, but instead challenging each other on arcade games. This made Y/N smile. She walked toward the door and left, driving home to spend her day probably sleeping.