six

1976

                          —

Henry stood against a wall in the back room as William was fixing a few things with the springlock costumes. Their conversations were brief, but they enjoyed being in each other's company. Suddenly, William sighed.

"What's wrong?" Henry asked, looking up at him.

"Nothing. This shit just keeps breaking." WIlliam responded, turning to look at Henry.

"Do you need help?"

"No. It's just no use. I'll have Y/N do it or something, I don't know."

"Will, you can't keep making her finish the things you don't. She keeps complaining to me."

"So? She works here, right? She can do simple shit."

"Language,"

"What? You're just like Clara. Let me express myself, Hen."

"Yeah yeah, whatever. Here, I'll go get Y/N and you two can finish this together, yeah?"

William hummed in response, letting Henry leave. Him and Y/N don't have many interactions, but when they do they tend to argue more. William would silently compare her to Clara when that happens.

William sat on the empty table in the corner of the room, running his fingers through his hair and staring at the door. He didn't know how long he was waiting, but it felt like an eternity. He must've zoned out as well, considering one second he was staring at the door, and the next he was staring at Y/N, watching her shout for his attention.

"Shit, sorry." William apologized, getting off the table.

"It's fine. Why did Henry say you needed me?" Y/N leaned on the doorframe, slightly confused.

Goddamn it, Henry. Why do you always make me tell people shit? He thought, rolling his eyes subconsciously.

"Did I say something wrong?" Y/N asks quietly, almost as if she's talking to herself.

"Ah, sorry. Lost in thought, you know? Yeah. Well, Henry here decided to bring you here to help me with the springlock costume. There's only a bit more we need to do. I don't even need help, though, so I don't care if you don't help at all."

"Well, I want to get paid, so I think I have to help,"

"Very good point. Alright, get over here and tighten these things. I have to get in this thing tomorrow for a birthday party, so I'm not in the best mood. My apologies."

"It's okay, I'd be upset too if I were forced to pretend to be a rabbit all day." Y/N teased, laughing.

William glared at her, which instantly shut her up. She walked over to the yellow bunny costume and began to tighten the spring locks carefully. William observed her carefully, trying to see if there's a way he can yell at her for doing it wrong. Nope, she was doing it perfectly.

William began to tighten a few spring locks on the left side of Spring Bonnie, just waiting for this to be done.

"There," Y/N said, looking up at William. "Was that too hard for you, Mr. Afton?"

William finished tightening the last lock and glared at her once more. She looked uncomfortable.

"I told you before, and this is the last time I'm going to tell you. I don't need help." William wiped his hands on his pants and stood up straight, staring at the girl.

"Wow, jeez, way to be a dick."

"Have a good night, Y/N." William said, grabbing the door handle.

"I don't even get a 'thank you'?"