sixteen

Williams POV
***

I wake up from my sleep slowly, feeling the weight of Y/N on my chest. I smile and gently take her off, making sure I don't wake her.

I get up from the bed and walk down the hallway, quietly checking in on Michael, who happens to still be asleep. I do the same to Elizabeth, but she's already awake, laying down in her crib. She looks at me and rubs her eyes.

"Daddy?" She calls out, standing up.

"Shh, go back to sleep. It's still very early." I walk over to her, bending down to her level.

"No thanks." She replies, smiling to me.

"What do you mean, 'no thanks'? Go to sleep." I laugh a bit, watching as she shakes her head no.

"Mama?"

"She's sleeping. If you go back to sleep, she can come get you when you wake up."

"Okay!" She lays down, giggling as she looks up at me.

"Goodnight, Lizzie," I smile and walk out, going downstairs and cooking breakfast.

Soon enough, I hear light footsteps walk down the stairs, and I can't quite tell who they belong to. I turn around and see Y/N, rubbing her eyes.

"You left me." She says, frowning.

"I'm so sorry, love. I was making breakfast,"

"Mhm." She wraps her arms around me and I smile. She's clingy when she's tired. I've picked up on that behavior from her.

I finish preparing the last plate and set it on the table, Y/N following, still glued to my body.

"Could you go wake the kids, please?" I ask her, and she nods. I kiss her head softly as she goes upstairs, and a few minutes later, she comes back with a very sleepy Michael and an excited Elizabeth.

"Michael, you look extra tired today. How late did you stay awake?" I comment, furrowing my eyebrows.

"Umm.. 9:30." He lies.

"Are you lying to me?"

"No!"

"Okay. Come eat."

Michael sits at the table and Y/N places Elizabeth in her high chair. She then takes her seat next to me, all of us eating.

***

"Y/N, love, could you get the mail?" I ask her, and she nods. Michael was upstairs getting dressed and Elizabeth was in the living room in her play pen.

Soon, Y/N comes back inside, looking at an envelope very confused.

"What's that?" I ask her, walking over. She shows me the portly written 'Y/N' in purple crayon. I laugh a bit. "Open it,"

"What if I die? Hm? What will you do then?" She replies, scoffing.

"Someone's got an attitude today. Just open it. You won't die."