Chapter IV

Irene's POV

"Let's make everything clear Suho." I look at him from across the table. He seemed delighted sitting across me. "I'll always be on her side, even if you're my friend too."

"Come on, Irene. You know I'm not capable of hurting her or anyone." He said confidently. You're a good person Suho and I want you to stay that way.

"Why do you like her?" I asked. I just wanted to make sure of his feelings.

"I don't know. There's just something that's pulling me to her. I really can't describe it, I just know that we'll get along. Knowing how close she is with you, I also thought of asking you first because we're also friends. I don't want you to be shocked that I'm making a move on her, without you knowing. Also..." He look into my eyes seriously now. "I wanted to make sure." huh?

"What do you mean?" I asked. He doesn't know, right.

"We're friends for a long time now, Irene. Seeing your closeness with Seulgi, you two can pass as couples." Really? "I never really made a move on Seulgi, even if I'm crushing on her for a long time already, because I'm not sure what's between you two. I've been asking for your help eversince, what made agree now?" I was taken aback by his question.

"I-I..."

"I know you also like her, Irene." He said. How?

"Just like what I've said, we're friends for a long time already. Did you really think I wouldn't notice? I can see how you look at Seulgi, every time she passes by at our department. Somehow she catches your attention even with just a glimpse of her." I can't believe he noticed it. "You look at her as if she's the most important person ever alive. The way you guarded her with your eyes, looks like your always ready to protect her from anything. You don't just like her, you--" Stop him before he even finish what he's about say.

"Suho. I'm here to tell you, I'll help you." I said.

"I always nag you not because I want to pursue Seulgi, but to give you the urge to tell her what you feel." huh? "I may be crushing on her, but I can never look at her the way you do. I just wanted you to make realize that there's so many of us who likes her, and you are ahead of each one of us Irene. You know her from the back of your head. You know what she likes. Yo--"

"And I assure you Suho, she will never like me that way." I look down, when I said those. "Did you ever thought that maybe I did try to make a move?" I chuckled. "I showed her what I feel, but nothing happened, Suho. Nothing." when I look up to him, he is smiling.

"But you never really confess. What's scaring you from having the happiness that you deserve?" He asked me. Seulgi. I'm afraid I'd lose her.

"How sure are you that I'll get that happiness, you are talking about, if I confess?" I asked. That made his expression change.

"Why are you so negative about this, Irene?" He asked.

"As what I've said. It'll never happen. Seulgi, she's not the type of person who would risk her relationship for something that she's unsure of. She will never fall in love with a friend." I said. Suho was about to say something again but I'm not letting him talk me out of what my thought is, because I don't want to have my hopes up. "She told me that. Just last night." Now he looks at me with sympathy. "It did hurt, but what can I do? She have already set boundaries, right before I even started." I chuckled.

"Is this the reason why you decided to help me, pursue her?" He asked.

"You're my friend, Suho. I trust you. If you want to pursue her, I just wanted to let you know that you have my blessing." I said. This will be much easier, right?

"No. Sorry but no." I was shock at what he said. "If there's something I realized after having this talk, it's that relationship with friends is so scary to lose. So, no. I won't do something that will hurt you, Irene." He said.

"Suho, you won't hurt me." I said.

"What if I will pursue her and we become a couple. Can you handle seeing her with me most of the time?" He said. Now, that I thought of it... "Imagining it is making you furious, right?" I can't help but nodd. "And that will result, you ignoring the both of us. Seulgi will get furious of you, ignoring her. That's when you finally confess, that will make the both of you break the friendship you were hoping to protect. And me? I'm sure Seulgi will break up with me after you confess. I'll be broken hearted as---"

"Okay, STOP! What the?! Suho!" I stopped him before he gets any further. He's ahead already.

"What I'm trying to say here is, I will not pursue her." Okay? Did he really just nag me for me to confess?

"Fine." I said. At some point I'm relieved by that. With what he said earlier, it was possible to happen.

"But I'll help you." He said, grinning. He grabbed my hand that's on the table.

"What are you doing?" I said and try to remove my hand from his hold.

"Just let me hold your hand. Relax." He said just enough for me to hear. I let him hold my hand. "Your hands are soft." he said.

"What the hell?!" I try to remove my hand again.

"I'm just joking." he chuckled. He's acting really weird. He then give me a smile that's a little creepy.

"Okay, this is getting rea--"

"What's going on here?" I then heard a voice from the back, that made me turn to look. It dawn me

"Solar, you're here." Suho said. I look at him and I just realized he's still holding my hand. I quickly pull my hand from his hold and look back at the person Solar's with.

"Of course I'll be here, Suho." Solar took the seat beside him. "Oh! Irene, Seulgi here have been waiting for you in our department building. She didn't know you were out already to I let her tag along with me, since I'm going here." She explained. "Seulgi, take the seat beside Irene. Don't just stand there." Seulgi did what was told. Oh my God! I don't know how to act around her, after that talk with Suho.

"Let's order already." Suho said.

We're actually in a café, near our school. Suho, Solar and me were suppose to come here together but then Solar was called for a meeting at one of the clubs she's in.

"Rene, let's go?" I look at Suho waiting for me already.

"Oh!" I just stand.

"I'm sure you already know what Seulgi wants to order" He said teasingly at me before he look at Seulgi. I look at the bear beside me, she's looking so confuse.

"Ye-Yes. Come on now." I removed my gaze from her and drag Suho to order.  Suho is holding his laugh. "What the hell, Suho?!" I pinch his arm, that I'm holding.

"I told you, I'll help you." He said.

"Help me with what?!" I said frustratingly.

"Help you, in making her realize what she really feel for you." He said and I smack him in the head.

"Didn't you just hear what---" he held my hand so suddenly. That made me stop talking. I look up at him

"We're next already." He smiled at me.  If only I'm not gay, Suho, I wouldn't be disgusted by this. "I feel really insulted with the way you're looking at me."

"Let go of my hand before I hurt you, physically." I glared at him.

"She's looking this way." I was about to turn when he stopped me. "Don't look and just follow my lead." He then winked at me after he said those.

"God! You're disgusting!" He just chuckled. I just let him hold my hand.

I don't know what you're doing, Suho, but my gutts' telling me to trust you.