Chapter VIII

Irene's POV

I already went to every place I know she would go, I still can't find her. Calling her family is my last shot.

"Uncle? Is Seulgi there?" I asked as soon as I heard his voice.

"Is she not at school, Joohyun?" I can tell he is confuse, because of his tone.

"Seulgi's at Yeji's place, Joohyun." I heard Seulgi's mother shouted from the other line. "Yeji just called telling me she's there."

"Thank you, Auntie. I'll go there now." I said. I was about to end the call already when Seulgi's dad speak up.

"That's the first time you asked us where she is. It's usually us, who ask you. Did something happen between you two?" He asked.

"We just had a misunderstanding, Uncle, that's all. I wanted to fix things, that why I'm searching for her."

"Okay then, just call Yeji, if she's not answering your calls. Bye Joohyun" After I bid my goodbye I already ended the call.

"Damn it! I don't have a choice now." I then drive off. Yeji's place is a little far from where I am now. "Why did I even think that she would go to a beach, when her neighbor just told me she brought a suitcase." I said to myself while driving.

After almost an our I've already arrive at Yeji's place. As far as I remember Yeji's living with her friends. Why did she even decided to go here? I reach for my phone in my pocket and start dialing Yeji's number. It rings a few times before she answered.

"Yej--"

"Come on in, unnie." I guess, she's expecting me already. "I know you're outside already, unnie."

"Is it okay?" I asked As I get out of the car. Their door then opened up revealing Yeji. I haven't seen her in a while now. She's not a little baby anymore. I ended the call and walk to the front door.

"She's in my room, unnie. Please fix whatever this is." It looks like she doesn't like the idea that Seulgi's here. "I have housemates unnie, they get shy around her." I understand her.

"I'll try to fix this." I said that. Yeji then guided me inside the house.

"Bub! Can you come over and help me with this?" I heard a shout coming from their kitchen, I think. Yeji then face me.

"It's fine you can go. Just tell me which room she is now." I said to her.

"It's upstairs, unnie, the first door to your right. She-"

"Buuub!" I heard the voice again.

"Coming, Bub!" She shouted before facing me again. "She's in that room unnie. Sorry." She apologize before she run her way to where the voice came from.

I then went up. As to what Yeji said, I'm already in front of the door. I knocked two times, I didn't receive an answer. I knock again and still got nothing. That's when I decided to just enter the room. No one's he- Just when I thought no one's inside I heard the bathroom door opened up, revealing Seulgi with just a towel wrapped around her.

"Shit!" I just took a step back resulting for the door to shut behind me. That also got her attention. I look at her and when our eyes meet, I turn around and face the door. "I'm sorry." Oh my God! It's not like it's the first time I've seen her like that, but why does it feel hot all of a sudden.

"What are you doing here?" She said. "How did you even know that I'm here?"

"I-I came here to explain and I have my ways in finding you, Seulgi." I said, still facing the door. I heard her chuckled.

"Of course, you do." I heard a moving sound from the back. "Do you really think I'll still listen to whatever reason you have?" I heard her voice getting closer. Get it together, Bae Joohyun. You came here to explain.

"I didn't plan our friendship to be ruined because of a guy, Seulgi. I never even thought about it, not even once." My voice almost faded when I can already sense her standing behind me.

"But you just did." She said that near my ear. Exactly, WHAT IS SHE DOING?! I took a step forward, to the door, even though there's not enough space anymore. I just need to be a little far from her.

"I guess you really hate me now, do you?" What!? "You must be thinking that it's my fault, Suho oppa fell for me instead of you." Just what the fuck is she saying?!

"It's not that, Se--"

"Then why is it that every time I go near, you take a step back." When did she become this dramatic? "You can't even face me now." I felt her hand on my shoulder, she was about to make me face her, but I just remove her hand.

"Seulgi, don't." I stayed facing the door. "You don't know what I'm capable of doing now, once I lay my eyes on you again." I said it seriously. Honestly?

"You came here to explain, right? You want me to hear you out, talk to me face to face." When she said I just had my eyes close because I think I don't have a choice now. I just need to hold it all in. I then turn around already. When I opened my eyes...

"You're dressed already." I said and released a sigh. She just wore a shirt though, but I feel at ease with it than earlier. She look at me confused, that's when I realized what I just said.

"Were you uncomfortable seeing  me like that? But you alway see me like that." she asked me. I just stand there not knowing what to say. "That doesn't matter now. Now start explaining."

"You misunderstood things Seulgi. I don't like Suho, in the way you're thinking, and that will never happen." I said to her straight into her eyes.

"How do you explain, how you're acting towards me then?" Thank God she's a little calm now.

"This might offend you, I don't know, but I did that because I thought you rely on me, too much. I thought it was better to make some distance for you not to--"

"Unnie! I promised you I'm going to be okay, when you leave." That's the fact I always refuse to believe. "I don't want you to do this just because you think I can't be independent. No, I don't want you doing this at all. Instead of making your distance, I wish we could just cherish these days before you leave. " she took a step forward, but I just took a step back. I felt my back at the door already. She looked at me confused. "What's wrong with you?" She asked me. I can see the frustration in her.

"Sorry but can you please step back, a little?" I said to her. I look at her in her eyes as if I'm begging her to just comply. Why am I even feeling this way? My eye went down to her lips. Fuck! When I look back and meet her eyes again, she had this shocked and surprise expression written on her. She took a step back, still looking at me. She already know.

"Yo-you like m-me, don't you?" she asked me stuttering. "I'm n-not just assuming, right?" I just look at her. She then grabbed both my arms. "Answer me!"