Chapter VII

Irene's POV

"Was it all because of a guy?" I felt disappointment and anger in her tone. Suzy's expression is like telling me to not do anything stupid. I turn around and face the person who just spoke.

"It's not what it looks like, Seulgi." I said.

"I never thought our friendship is that fragile to you." She said. I took steps closer to her.

"Seul, listen--" I try to reach for her hand but she just took a step back from me.

"For fuck's sake! I've restricted myself from a lot of things to keep this friendship, just to be ruined by a guy?!" She laugh after she said that. Her voice is already shaky. I can tell she's holding her cries already. "Do you like him that much that you chose to act like a bitch to me, just because he likes me?" Just that, I realized I just slapped her. Shit!

"Oh my God!" I said in shock of what I just did. "Seul, I'm sorry." I sent closer to her but I stop the moment she looked at me. Fuck! What have I done? "S-seul." I tried to ignore her glare went closer to her again, but this time, she just walk away. I stop on my tracks and just watch her leave.

Next thing I realized I'm already down on my knees and already crying. I felt my sister trying to get me up.

"Unnie, we're in a hallway. Some students might be coming back to respective rooms already. Come on, we don't want them to see you in this state, let me take you home." Suzy said to me, before guiding me to stand up. I look at her, she look at me with sympathy. She wipe my tears. "Let's go?" She said and offer her hand to me, I just took it. She's the only person who understands me, right now.

The car ride was silent. When we arrive home she started cooking for us.

Seulgi just misunderstood things, yet I chose to be affected by her choice of words. I badly want to chase after her and tell her that what she's thinking was wrong. but the moment our eyes meet after I slapped her, it made me think otherwise. It was the first time I've seen Seulgi like that.

"Do you think she's will talk to me again?" I asked my sister.

"Just give her time for now, unnie."

"Don't you think she needs to know the truth?"

"What truth? The one that she's the person you love most and not Suho? That you're not being a bitch to her because Suho likes her, but because you want to make some distance between the two of you so that you could move on from her." she said and look at me. "Are you ready to confess?" She said that as she put our food on the table.

"I can't just sit here and do nothing. She's mad and hurt." I said to her

"Why don't you eat first." She grab the utensils and place it in my hands, before sitting across me. "You know what, unnie. Let's just give her time to think first. Let her take it all in." Suzy said before eating her food.

"You know it yourself that she misunderstood what I said, what do you mean let her take it all in?" I said to her and she just laugh.

"Okay then, go to her now and explain. Find her, if you can." I just look at her dumbfounded with what she had said. "Seulgi never really show this side of her in front of anyone. Do you really think you know where to find her? Oh well, you're her bestfriend after all." She said. She's right, I don't know where to find her but I can try. I don't want her to believe that I a guy is more important than her. For God's sake! I'm gay for her. I may not be sure of what the outcome might be but I think it's better to tell her the truth, even if I'm still not ready.

"I'll go." I stand up. I heard her chuckle.

"Well then, good luck and wait." She stand up and went back to the kitchen, she have this paper bag and hand it to me. "Since you're not eating the lunch I've set in the table at least eat these sandwiches, I've made. And maybe if you do find Seulgi share some with her, she haven't eaten her lunch too." She said and give me a smile. She already knew what I'm gonna do, that's why she already prepared this. I walk up to her, and squeeze her into a hug.

"Thank you, Suzy." I said as I let go of her.

"You know your advantage, unnie, don't waste it." With just those words I know what she feels already. Why didn't I realize it sooner? She also likes Seulgi.

"Suzy." If only I knew.

"I'm fine, unnie. Just go already." She then starts pushing me out of our house. She gave me the keys to my car before shutting the door in front of me.

"I should've paid more attention to her. I should've known." I said to myself as I walk to where my car is.

I'm on the way now to Seulgi's apartment. I kept calling her but she's not answering. When I arrive at her home I opened her door directly, since I have access to it, but I can't find her anywhere. I went out of the apartment. I was about to enter my car already when Seulgi's neighbor called out for me.

"Irene? I just saw Seulgi with a suitcase, earlier, and left. She didn't tell you?" what? where would she go?

"Did she tell you where she's going, Auntie?" I asked.

"Did you two fight?" I just look down when she asked that. "I'm sorry but I wasn't able to ask her."

"It's fine. I'll go now, Auntie." I look up and see her nodding. I went inside of my car and starts driving.

"Where are you Seulgi?"