Chapter V

Irene's POV

"Unnie, I heard you're dating Suho Oppa..." I heard my sister said, as I was on my way to our kitchen. I laugh at the question.

"From where did you hear that?" I laugh as I asked. I started preparing our dinner.

"So, you're not?" she asked, seriously. I look at her. She really believes it?

"Of course not!" I exclaimed. "Suho's just a friend, you know that!" I said.

"I know." she then look down. "Maybe she was just not used to seeing unnie with other people, to think that." she said almost in a whisper. I stopped what I'm doing.

"Who exactly are we talking about?" I asked. She look up at my sudden question.

"Seulgi." huh?

"Seulgi's the one who told you, that I'm dating Suho?" she just nodded as a reply. "Unbelievable!" I chuckled and continue my work. "Just prepare the table, we'll eat after I'm done." I said, turning my back at her.

"Seulgi's coming over, right?" Suzy asked that made me stop.

"No, she's not." I said.

"That's new. Did you two fight?" she asked again. God! Why do you have too many questions?

"We did not, Suzy. Stop being dramatic." I said and walk passed her. I hear her footstep following behind me.

"Usually she'd be here, during this time. That bear is too lazy to prepare her own food, unless it's you she's eating it with." she said from across the table as she sits. She's actually right. "So tell me honestly, unnie. Why isn't she here now?"

"She has her own apartment, Suzy. She can take care of herself already, she needs to." I said and started eating.

"Have you seen her today?" she asked. I just shook my head and answered no. "Something's definitely wrong. Why?!"

"What do you mean why? I was busy the whole day and maybe she was too." I said as an excuse.

"She's definitely not busy. We're classmates, we don't have that much work as of now. You should know this! She text and calls you a lot! I'm guessing you haven't heard from her today?"

"More like, for days." I said.

After what happened in that café, with me refusing to got home with Seulgi that time. She just started avoiding me, all of a sudden.

The next day, it was way too unusual since I haven't heard from her.

"Have you tried texting her?" she asked and I just shake my head. "Okay, what's happening?!" I got startled when she suddenly raised her voice.

"Suzy!"

"I'm calling her." she said and stand up.

"What?!" I look at her and she's holding her phone already. "Suzy Bae! Don't you da--"

"Seu-seulgi! H-help! Unnie j just fainted, I d-don't know what t-to do." She act stuttering and the worry in her voice was there. What the?! She gave me a warning, not to talk. "Pali Seulgi!" she shouted before ending the call.

"You'd be a good actress." I said.  I wish I could be proud of what she did.

"Why thank--" I cut her off

"Too bad it'll not happen anymore." I said as I walk to her.

"Unnie..." she said as I'm getting closer. Then in just a snap she started running away from me. "I just wanted to help!" she shouted. I ran after her.

"You are not helping, at all! Come here and let me smack you, just once." I said.

"Unnie..." She whined as I catch her. I just squeeze both her cheeks.

"Now prepare food for your visitor." I said and walk away from her.

"You're still not done eating." she said and I face her.

"I just lost my appetite. You just lied that I fainted, right? Then I should head up to my room. Just tell her I'm fine already." I said.

"Unnie, she's your best friend. She-- what the!? She's fast!" she was talking when we hear our doorbell ring.

"Don't make her come to my room! I beg." I said before running to my room and locking it. I heard her shouting.

I don't exactly know how to talk to her. We haven't talked to each other for days already, which was really strange. I can't really blame Suzy for questioning me earlier.

I know there's something wrong. She acts like this whenever she's upset with something. I tend to make it up to her everytime something like this happen.

Do I miss her? I do, like a lot. But I thought maybe if I'll just ignore what she's doing now, maybe she and I will get used to it. Maybe I'll get use to the distance I'm making.

I was removed from my thoughts when I hear a knock on my door. Suzy Bae!

"Unnie, open up for me please. I want to check up on you." I heard her say from behind the door. I wish I could really just ignore her.

I walk to my door and unlocked it. When it opened, I just got locked up in her arms, so tight. God! I miss her. She let go and look at me.

"You did not faint, did you?" she asked. Her tone is telling me she already knew what Suzy did. I give her a nodd.

"I'm sorry for what my sister did. She must've disturb what you were doing. You can go back home now. I'm fine." I said but when I saw the look on her face, I wish I didn't say the last thing.

"Unnie..." she started.

"I'm fine, Seulgi. We are fine." I said. I don't want her asking me, what's wrong. I don't know how to answer her.

"We're not, unnie. We are not fine." she said before closing the door behind her. "I missed you." she said, weakly. "Sorry for not talking to you, I was just upset. With the hopes of you comfronting me with my actions, it took almost a week of not talking to you. I --" she just keeps talking. I just look at her.

She looks so troubled. Why exactly were you upset? I reach for the hem of her shirt and pull her in for a hug. I can feel, she was startled by it.

"I've missed you." who am I kidding? She never left my mind during those days. I felt her hands patting my back. 

"Then why haven't you called?" she asked. I pinched her on her waist, that made her move away from me.

"Why were you even upset in the first place?" I asked her. She just look down.

"I was jealous." she look up, straight into my eyes.

"W-what?" I stuttered. I feel my heart beating so fast.