Chapter VI

Irene's POV

What the heck did she just said?!

"Yo-you're w-what?" I reach for my chest, my heart's beating rapidly.

"Remember that day, after school, at the café?" I nodded and just waited for her to continue. "You and that guy..." she gives me a questioning look.

"Suho?"

"Yes, him. You two seem close..." Tell me, am I dreaming? this doesn't seem real. "You were just whispering to each other that time, that you forgot I was there." and then I wake up. Ugh!

"Oh." she wasn't jealous. She was just not used to not getting my attention. The way I acted that day was new to her.

"You even refuse to go home with me that time, because you two had plans." she said. huh?

"Wait! you're kidding right?" I asked in disbelief. Is she really acting like this? "Seulgi, you must know that in some instances I'm not always going to put you first." I suddenly raised my voice that startled her.

"I-I know that, unnie." she said stuttering. It's my first time raising my voice at her, what's happening to me? "Sorry, I umm... I forgot I still have homework t-to do, I really just came to check up on you. I'll go now." before I could even say something she ran out of my room. Did I went to far? I run after her.

"Seul! Seulgi!" I don't know if she heard me calling her, but she just went out.

"What happened, unnie? Seulgi was crying." what? "Are you not going to run after her?" I look at my sister. I shake my head telling her I won't. She was surprised by that. "Seriously?!"

"She needs this." I said and started walking back to my room.

"It was my first time seeing Seulgi cry, unnie." I stopped when she said that. "I know what you're doing, unnie. I'm in no position telling you this, but I think you should stop it."

"She needs to get used to--"

"Is it really for her, unnie?"

"What if I'm really doing things for myself?" this time I turn to face her.

"You're hurting her"

"I'm helping her grow." I said

"Grow into what exactly, unnie? Seulgi's a grown up lady already. What are you still expecting her to become?" Are we really fighting because of Seulgi?

"You don't get it--"

"No, unnie. I totally get it. You want to see her become this independent person, right?" She look at me with frustrations and anger now. "Well guess what? She's already that person in everyone's eyes, except for yours."

"From the person who also told me Seulgi can't cook her own food." I said to her.

"I told you she's lazy, I never told you she can't cook. She's a great cook actually, I bet you also didn't know that." I'm usually the one who cooks whenever we're together, she just watched. I never really saw her cook, she tends to always prepare and serve take outs every time I go home late to her. "Are you really her best friend, unnie? Now I'm also questioning if you really love her, for you to not see those things from her." After she said that she walk away from me. I just stand there dumbfounded. Is she angry with me now?

But what? Seulgi can cook? I face the door into Suzy's room. I never told her what I felt for Seulgi, how? "Maybe all that she said right now was true. Maybe what I'm doing to Seulgi was really wrong." I said that to myself.

The next day, Suzy starts ignoring me. She even went to school early and didn't eat breakfast with me. I just texted her if we could talk through lunch. We have pity fights before, but I felt like this is more serious than the one's we had before.

I'm going to their building now, with Suho. Solar was also gonna be with us but she had a date.

"Suzy and Seulgi are classmates, right?" Suho suddenly asked that made me stop walking.

"Did you just came here with me to see--"

"Need to grab every chances I can get." He said and put her arms on my shoulders.

"Yet you still declined my offer to help." I look up to him. He suddenly smiled before facing me.

"You should be thankful. I mean, I can be your greatest competitor." He then pinched my nose and chuckled.

"You said it yourself, I'm already far ahead." I said with confidence. He then starts to lean. I was about to push him but he suddenly whispered something.

"I hope you can be that confident in telling her what you feel. Look ahead." he said. The moment saw who the people in front of us are, I automatically pushed Suho away from me. He just laugh.

"I guess, Seulgi was right. You two are really dating." Sehun said. Eyeing me and Suho. Suho then laugh, I nudge him.

"We're actually not dating." I said, as I look straight into her eyes. I'm sorry for last night, Seulgi. I then face my sister. "Can we talk." she look at me before giving cold stares to the person beside me.

"I guess I should stop making Seulgi jealous already, your sister's starting to hate me already. Look at those eyes it's burning even though it felt cold." Suho whispered. I was about to laugh with what he said about my sister but then I just realized what he said first. I look at him confused. He's making Seulgi jealous? I removed my gaze on him when I heard someone fake a cough.

"Let's talk some other time, unnie. It seems like you still have plans with Suho oppa." Suzy said to me. I was about to say something when Suho suddenly speak.

"Oh! No. We don't have plans. I just came here with Irene because most of our friends have there own plans and I can't tag along with them because I don't want to ruin their dates. Since Irene is not going on a date, I choose to tag along with her." I just facepalmed when he starts explaining. Why did I even agree in bringing him here with me? "You two can talk first. I'm just going to go to the canteen with Seulgi and wait for you two there." When I heard what he said I suddenly look up.

"Just Seulgi?" I heard Wendy asked.

"No, I meant all of you. You're just too many to mention, that's why I only said her name."

"You could've just use a pronoun. For example, the--" He cut off Krystal.

"You know what let's go, so the two of them can talk already." said as he walks to their direction, I was about to follow him when he suddenly face me. "You need make up with your sister, remember?" he made sure I was the only person who heard that. He then winked at me before dragging Suzy's classmates with him. I was about to walk after them when my sister speak.

"Worried they might question your relationship with him?" She asked me.

"No, cause there's nothing to question, in the first place. Nothing is going on between us." I turn around and face her.

"Then why does it seems like you don't want him to be alone with them?" She asked. Should I tell her? I look at her and she's waiting for a response. I'm sorry Suho but I have no choice but to expose you to my, still angry, sister.

"He likes Seulgi. I don't want him to be anywhere near Seulgi, because that'll make me overthink. I don't want--" I stopped when I heard someone sarcastically laugh behind me. Suzy looked at me, in shock, after looking at the person behind me.

"Really unnie? Was that all because of a guy?" Wait what?! Did she just misunderstood what I said?