07 - Admirer

"I'm really not gonna have fun with this."

'Then just let everyone die.'

"That's not an option, Zeldris. You know that." (M/n) mumbled.

'Why do you even even care so much about them? You're wasting your time helping them.' Zeldris sounded annoyed by the (h/c) haired male's constant loyalty to his traitorous idiotic brother.

"He saved me from that bad man, Zeldris! If you're gonna disregard that fact, then I don't speak to me." Zeldris clicked his tongue.

While having his little petty argument, the bugs were starting to form a tornado.

"Storm Rondo...Now, my dear little scarabs, rend their flesh with your sharp horns and wings!"

"I'm scared!" The little boy cried, running away in a direction.

"This kid's whining is so annoying! I'll start with you! Die!" Without hesitation, the bug woman sent the harsh army of bugs at the child.

They ripped him to shreds as the tornado surrounded him.

'Do they know that...'

"I'm not sure." The (h/c) hair male whispered.

"Let me think...'I'll protect you even if it means trading my life for yours.' Did I get that right? For all the brave platitudes, you don't expect to actually save anyone, do you?" The bug armored woman mused.

"If that was a real child, I would've felt so bad." (M/n) muttered.

"Elizabeth?" Hawks called out.

'What's she doing now?' Zeldris asked.

(M/n) turned his vision to the called out girl. She was walking towards the tornado swarms of bugs.

"Uh, Elizabeth?! I'm right here! You could've just asked me!"

Elizabeth ignored his call-out, and continued to walk towards the swarm.

"What, really?"

She continued to walk; hesitation nowhere seen in her movements.

"Oh, you've got to be kidding me."

(M/n) watched in upmost shock as Elizabeth powered through the constant strikes from the bug storm.

To him, she was truly something else. Even if she didn't have world endangering power, in that moment, she sworn to protect the boy.

And she kept her promise.

She eventually made it to the center, and hugged the little boy in the center.

With the slightest movement of the weird whip, the bug woman disposed of the bugnado.

"Are you okay?" Hawks yelled at the hurting female.

"Yes." She answered simply as she attempted to cope with her wounds.

"You aren't hurt, are you?" She asked with a smile on her face.

"So, you would risk yourself to save even a boy like this, eh? A commendable notion. " The boy asked with a cold stare.

"However..." The boy's body started to morph, and his clothes changed.

"Oh shit, here we go." (M/n) said, stretching his limbs.

"I...have...to finally get into the action." (M/n) hummed, his old persona striking back again.

"Reality is a cruel place!" The doll faced man said.

"The boy turned into a Holy Knight? We were seeing an illusion?!"

"Isn't it amazing? You couldn't tell that he wasn't an innocent bystander at all!" The male muttered, still stretching.