17. Dance Of The Dead

"Shared memories with the dead will lead us to Necropolis..." (M/n) said as he crossed his arms, "I guess that rules me out then. I have no memories, so I'm practically useless here."

The (h/c) haired man floated alongside Ban as they traveled along a deserted meadow.

"Necropolis sounds like it has a spiritual entry, which is obviously not surprising. I wonder who has such powerful desired memories that it will literally transport us. Do you know any, Ban?" The floating male looked to his side.

Ban didn't respond, seemingly staring into an endless abyss.

"Ban?" (M/n) called again in a softer tone. His voice lowered out of confusion and curiosity. What exactly was the pale haired fox sin thinking about, and why...was he so enchanted with the dream to the point where he disregarded his surroundings?

Speaking of surroundings, why were so many flowers blooming around them. They are beautiful, ghostly flowers of a pastel pink. They covered the entire grounds that were bare with soil just a second ago.

It was weirdly pleasant, but also...unpleasant?

An indescribable sensation...

(M/n) heard a thumping footsteps, followed by a light giggle. He looked back it saw it was Diane approaching.

"Ban, that is so not your style." She said, pointing at the flowers that suddenly bloomed.

Diane's approach and laughter seemed to have snapped Ban out of whatever daydream he was having, "Hm?" He hummed as he finally took notice of the ghastly flowers that surrounded him.

"What the hell is this?" He turned to (M/n). The (h/c) haired male only shrugged his shoulders. He was just as clueless as the Fox Sin.

"Elizabeth, come here. Look at these flowers!" Diane called for Elizabeth, which dragged Meliodas and Hawk along.

"Oh my, what kind of flowers are they?" The Third Princess of Liones awed at the sight. It wasn't as dry and boring as before.

Hawk grumbled, "Who cares about a bunch of stupid old flowers? You can eat these things all day long but they'll never fill you up." The pig huffed, blowing the petals off the pretty flower.

Normally, that wouldn't be a big deal at all, but the huff caused a chain reaction. The petals from the flowers all threw themselves into the air.

It was a beautiful display.

It basically left (M/n) speechless.

The petal swirled around the sins, slightly blocking the sight of anything that wasn't inside the sizable swarm.

"Pretty." Diane awed and (M/n) nodded.

"Hey, you guys!"

The sins turned to the somewhat familiar voice, and they saw the boy and girl Ban fed beforehand.

"Be careful!" The boy warned.

"Why—" Before (M/n) could question them, the swirl of petals roared to life. The swarm became more lively than before, completely cutting off the sight of anything outside.

"Hey, lady! Mister!" The sins heard the girl's calls, but they couldn't really see her.

After a few more seconds of visible confusion and swarming flower petal, the swirl of ghastly flowers settled away.

(M/n) frantically looked around in confusion as he let out small gasp of surprise.

They...were no longer in that decaying village.

Wherever they were, it was a crystal paradise.

Giant pillars of greenish, blueish crystals were all risen in all sort of ways. Each crystal was its own size and shape, but perfectly blended with the rest.