11 - Familiarity

'Your past self was a strong being that could singlehandedly extinct anything he wanted, but he chose not to. He was also an airhead.'

M/n winced as pain struck into his head.

He groomed through his hair and touched something...sharp?

"What...is on my head?" He asked, slowly standing up from the bed.

Fortunately, he has a mirror on the wall in his room.

He staggers a little bit, feeling a bit lightheaded from his awakening.

He grabbed ahold of the dresser to obtain his balance, and looked at the mirror that was hanged above it.

"Ehhh?!?!"

Ontop of M/n's head were horns.

They were as dark as the night sky and were small, but they stuck out from his hair clearly.

"I have....horns?!" M/n yelled.

"W-What the-" M/n quivered.

He touched his head again to see if it's real, and it was.

'Horns...' Zeldris whispered.

"You sound like you're familiar." M/n frowned.

'You've had horns like this before. Well, the past you that is.' Zeldris said.

"What...do you think this means?" M/n asked, walking back to his bed.

Everything was quiet.

M/n sat back down on the bed.

'My best guess is that...your past self is forcing their way back into your mindset, and their influence is already filling your memories.'

"Wow, you just guess that." M/n rolled his eyes.

'Now's not the to be sassy. It seems that the influence they're using contains an enormous amount of magical energy, which explains why I wasn't able to invade the memory you've experienced.'

"So they're desperate to be back."

'Most likely...however, something tells me that this aggressive attack is not the original M/n.'

"If it's not the original me then it's..."

'The Calamity.' Zeldris finished.

"That's not good..." M/n whispered

'As we speak, The Calamity slowly links their magical energy into yours. And there's no clear way to stop their corruption.'

M/n clicked his tongue, "So you're telling me that I have to live my days as normal, and wait this for 'Calamity' to corrupt my mind?!"

'If you come up some way to stop it, I would like you to do it quickly. Even I don't like 'The Calamity'.'

"I have nothing right now, but what can I do to hide this from the others?"

'You mean the horns?'

"The transformation in general. I saw how I looked in the past, and I'm certain you remember too. I had a flower marking on top of one of my eyes, my ears were so pointed, I was slightly more muscular, and those floating rainbow orbs too.."

'Now that you mention it, it would be difficult to hide those changes.'

M/n looked at the finger that had his ring, Manifest, on it.

"Do you think I can change myself by using Manifest's ability?"

'I don't think so. Manifest allows you to copy others, so I don't think you can actually change yourself.'