When a stranger makes you uncomfortable 5/7

James
Today is a very special day. Why? You ask, well because today is your first ever date with your boyfriend. "Hmm, should I dress up or should I dress casually?" You asked yourself, looking in the mirror to see if a skirt or shorts looked better. You decided to settle on an oversized t-shirt and some high waisted shorts. You put on some light makeup and  put your hair up in a ponytail. After you were done packing your bag you sat down on the couch to wait for James. Scrolling through TikTok got quite boring after a while. Your phone then buzzed.

loml🥺✨
You ready to go? ;)

You
As ready as I'll ever be!
ʀᴇᴀᴅ 4:52

You ran out of the house and sat in the car. "Hi!" You said excited. James chuckled at you. "Hey, so I was thinking we could go to the arcade?" He suggested. "Yeah, sounds good." You said with a smile. "Alright." About 20 minutes later you guys arrived at the arcade.
"What do you wanna play first?" He asked, looking down at you. You immediately ran over to this Mario cart machine. "I'll show you whose boss when it comes to this game!" You said, with confidence. You started the game so James could watch from the side lines. If we were being honest here James wasn't even paying attention to the game. His eyes were on you the entire time. He admired the way your tongue sticked out when you got really concentrated on the game. Eventually you ended up getting 2nd place. "Damn it!" You said, leaning back in the seat. James smiled at your behavior. "You did pretty good." You rolled your eyes playfully. "I could've done better, but thanks." After playing a bunch of games after that you guys decided to turn in your tickets and leave. "I'm gonna go get us a snack for the road really quick, I'll be right back." James said walking into a small pastry shop. You started to scroll through TikTok, but suddenly you felt an arm around your waist. "Hi pretty girl." You quickly twisted his arm and swiped him off his feet. He ended up on the ground with your foot on his back. "So those self defense lessons weren't so useless after all." You said, mostly to yourself. You looked up to see James wide eyed at the doorway. You smiled sheepishly at him and dragged him along to the car. "Uhm, are you okay?" James asked a bit confused. "Oh I'm perfectly fine." You smiled, biting your croissant.