seventeen

William's POV

"Hey," She rasped, coming down the stairs. "You've been down here quite a lot. What're you up to?"

I turned around and looked at Willow who was standing at the bottom of the stairway, looking at all of the old rubble in the corner.

"New project. Only between us though." I turned back around to the desk, picking up the screwdriver.

It did take me a bit to figure out what I was doing again, but I got it quickly.

"What is it?" She slowly and carefully approached me.

I set the screwdriver down, and looked up at her looking down at the desk.

"I think I've managed to find a way to go out in public without people recognizing me." I smiled.

She lightly gasped. "Is that so?"

"Yes. To the rest of the world, I will appear as the second hottest man in the world, and only to you will I remain the same." I looked at the chip on the desk.

She glared at me oddly. "Whose the first hottest?"

"Me." I picked up the screwdriver once again.

She began laughing, pulling up a chair next to me. "Oh god." She slowly sat down, lightly wincing in pain.

I glanced at her. "You alright there?"

"Yeah, yeah." She kept her pained expression.

"I know I've told you this many times before, but really, I'm so sorry. I don't know how to make it up to you." I sighed.

She stared at the table for a long time, lost in thoughts before she responded. "You don't need to make it up to me."

I looked back at the chip on the table.

"Michael is starting school again soon. Kindergarten." She spoke.

"Oh yeah?" I smiled.

Michael is still a little spooked about everything. Sometimes he flinches when I make sudden movements. I feel horrible about it.

"Yeah but, I'm not sure if I'm too excited about it." She said, uncertain.

"Why not?" I asked.

"I'm afraid he's a little.. like you." She sighed.

"What do you mean?" I looked at her.

"Do you know how a four year old can equip rat poison?" She nodded her head. "Four year olds hold some grudges against their teachers."

"I.. was not like that at four." I laughed. "Don't blame that on me."

She stood up with amusement, walking away. "Alright. I'll leave you to your boy-toys."

I quickly turned my head around. "Hey, you like this stuff too."

She simply shrugged her shoulders with a smile, slowly heading up the stairs.

-

"Willow!" I shouted, opening the door from the basement. "Willow, holy shit."

I ran into the kitchen and stopped in my tracks, looking over at Willow hovering over a bowl.

"What is it?" She softly responded.

"What are you doing?" I asked.

"I figured, one must get tired from eating all that pizza." She turned around with a bowl in her hand. "So I made you that, burrito bowl thingy we made together a while back."