𝕔𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟟

A/N: so i've been updating a LOT in the past 12 hours and that's cause i stayed up until 4 am with more motivation to do anything than i've had since my mom threatened to go through my phone the next time she grounded me

but i'm just saying update schedule is not always gonna be this consistent and i'll probably forget about this story for like a month so if i do i promise i'll update eventually

anyways have a nice day/ night and enjoy the chapter! <3

~~~

I woke up the next morning to find a bunch of goodnight texts from the group chat and smiled to myself, then instantly regretted it. Doing so pulled the skin on my neck taught and caused a sharp pain to shoot through my body.

I winced and sat up, then I checked my phone again. Shit! I was gonna be late again. I quickly threw on a pair of jeans and a science joke tshirt, then grabbed a hoodie to cover up my cuts.

I sling my backpack over my shoulder and slipped out of the front door.

Surprisingly, I made it to the subway on time, and when I got to school, I braced myself for Flash's torment, but when I got to home room, he wasn't there. The day went by boringly, but peacefully.

Ned caught up to me in the hallway on the way to lunch.

"Hey, man! Guess what? You're never gonna believe what happened!"

As we stood in line to get lunch I told him all about my online friends and the Stark Internship.

"Dude, no way! That is so cool! You're gonna meet Tony frickin Stark!" He exclaimed a little too loudly as we sat down.

Several curious heads turned towards us.

"Peter's doing what?" MJ asked. She was already seated, contentedly eating and reading some sci-fi book.

I sighed. She'd find out eventually, might as well tell her now. "I got the Stark Internship. And I'm Tony Stark's personal intern."

"No way."

"Yes way. I have the email to prove it."

"Give me that." She snatched my phone away and scanned the email. "It looks real. Holy shit, man."

As she was about to hand it back, my phone dinged. She glanced at the name. "Mr. Business Dude? Who the hell is that."

"I accidentally texted the wrong person the other day during class and now I'm talking with him and his friends. They're really nice."

"How do you know they're not pedophiles?"

"Trust me, I'd know," I lowered my voice. "Spidey senses, remember?"

"He starts today!" Ned interjected. "It's gonna be so cool! Do you think you could introduce me?"

"I don't even know him yet. He probably won't even like me and fire me."

MJ slapped me on the head and I winced. "You're gonna be fine, loser."

The bell rang and I got up to throw away my barely eaten lunch. My stomach growled in protest.

Ned pulled me aside. "Pete," he started, a concerned look in his eyes. "Are you okay?"

"What? Yeah, I'm great."

"Are you sure? You look kinda pale."

"I'm fine, Ned." I glanced up at the clock on the wall. "Shit, we're gonna be late to class."

We hurried to our classes, parting in the hallway with a quickly goodbye.

The next three classes went by in a blur, until finally, the bell rang. I headed straight for the subway to Stark Tower.

When I entered the lobby, I stared in amazement. Everything was in pristine condition, and people hurried around carrying books, paper, and coffee.

Unsure of where I needed to go, I found the visitor center.

"Um... excuse me?"

A woman who appeared to be in her mid-thirties glanced up from her computer and smiled at me.

"What can I do for you, kid?"

"I'm... I'm Tony Stark's new intern... Peter Parker."

She typed something on her computer, then looked back at me.

"Ah! Peter." She reached into a drawer in her desk and pulled out a small lanyard. "Here's your security badge."

I took it and hung it around my neck, thanked her, and headed to the elevator. I had no idea which floor to go to.

"Scanning..." A feminine voice said from nowhere. "Identification found. Which floor would you like to go to, Mr. Parker?"

"Uh... whichever floor Mr. Stark is on? And just Peter is fine."

"Alright, Peter. Going to floor 54."

Wow, that's super high up. I bet there's a great view.

"Peter, you seem to be suffering from internal bleeding, various bruises and cuts, and mild starvation. Would you like to alert boss?"

"No! No, no, that's fine. Really. I'm fine. Thank you, though, uh..."

"My name is FRIDAY."

"FRIDAY. Got it. Thanks, FRIDAY."

"No problem, Peter."

The elevator dinged and I glanced at the floor number. It was only at 42. The doors opened and a woman stepped in. She had ginger hair and wore a nice blazer over a white button up and a mid length skirt.

"Hi," she said. "You must be new here. What's your name?"

Although I knew for a fact she could see my name on my badge very clearly, I figured she was asking to be polite.

"I'm Peter. Parker, my name is Peter Parker."

"Ah, Tony's new intern! He's very excited to meet you. I'm Pepper Potts by the way."

"Oh! I'm sorry, I didn't know-"

"There's nothing to be sorry for, kid." Her tone was gentle and kind, and suddenly the elevator felt less cramped. It was comforting, for some reason.

The phrase also sounded familiar, but I'd been called "kid" basically my whole life, so I ignored it.

"I see we're going to the same floor," She commented. "Are you excited?"

"Oh, yeah, totally! Just a little nervous."

"Don't worry. It'll be fine, I promise." She seemed to remember something at this moment. "I actually think he's watching a movie with the Avengers right now, when he's supposed to be signing some important documents."

"What-" I basically squeaked, and within the next second, the elevator door opened to reveal a crowd of Avengers strewn about the living room.

Tony Stark himself turned around and said, "You must be Peter! I'm Tony, but you already knew that."

OMG A LONG CHAPTER??? WHO IS SHE??? Anyways thanks for the comments and votes guys! I hope you've enjoyed the chapter so far, and I promise there will be more texting in the next chapter, but I did enjoy writing this chapter a lot.

Hopefully I'll keep this motivation and continue updating and eventually continue this story but we'll see lol

Again, have a great day/night, remember to drink some water and get some sleep (unlike me)

Ily guys! 👋❤️