𝕔𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟙𝟛

***Peter POV***

I shakily turned off my phone and began taking out the glass piece by painful piece. One particular piece was wedged in sideways and I gritted my teeth when I yanked it out.

After an hour and a half and using up the rest of the antibiotics I had finally removed all the glass. Last time it had only taken about forty five minutes but some had gotten in my face. Thankfully I had managed to cover most of it, but the edges of my face now had small punctures and scratches.

I put my shirt back on and tiptoed back to my room.

What am I gonna tell everyone? I already used the cat lie. More cats? No, that would be suspicious. But so is showing up to school with new scratches and puncture wounds on my face. Oh, god, and what will I tell Mr. Stark?!

I laid on my bed, trying not to think about the pain or the day ahead of me. I almost went on patrol to clear my mind, but now the pain had really set in and even moving hurt.

I reached over and grabbed my phone, opened my email, and found the email from Stark Industries.

Mr. Stark,

Unfortunately due to a family issue I might not be able to come in tomorrow. I'm so sorry, but if you fire me I won't blame you.

Your intern,

Peter

I frowned, then sent it. Hopefully he would see it before tomorrow, but the chances weren't likely since it was 1:48 in the morning.

I silenced my phone and sat it on my nightstand. As I rolled over to face the wall, doubt crept into my mind. I couldn't even keep a job for a day.