𝕔𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟙𝟙

I sat on the cot in Dr. Banner's lab/infirmary. When Tony dragged me into the room, Bruce had glanced up with a mildly annoyed expression.

Then he saw me.

"Ah, Peter. I've been meaning to talk with you."

I shrank behind Tony, forcing him to let go of my arm, then made a run for it.

"Peter! Get your ass back in here!" I heard Tony's footsteps as he chased after me.

I sprinted down the hall to where I thought the lounge was. I ended up in an intersection in the hallway.

"Shit! FRIDAY, directions!"

I started running as FRIDAY instructed me. I burst through the doors to the lounge, startling the occupants. I knelt down, propping my hands on my knees, trying to catch my breath.

"Peter, what happened?" This came from Steve.

"Do I need to kill Tony?" Natasha questioned, almost looking hopeful.

"Can I help?" A voice came from the vents.

I jumped and looked up, startled. Someone pushed the vent cover off and who jumped out? Clint.

"Tony... Bruce... checkup..." I panted. "Ran..."

Clint patted my back. Wanda sat up from her spot on the couch.

"He's coming. Hide," She said with a slight laugh.

Without speaking, Scott got up and lifted the cushion he was previously sitting on to reveal a large open space under the whole of the couch.

"Hurry," He stage-whispered, also laughing a little.

I quickly climbed in and he lowered the cushion again. I saw it sag slightly as he sat back down. It was dark, but my enhanced senses allowed me to see perfectly fine.

They also allowed me to hear when Tony burst through the door, me style.

"Have you guys seen Peter?"

"Nope."

"No, why?"

"What did you do this time?"

"You've been hogging him, how would we?"

A sigh, a pause, and receding footsteps. Once it was completely silent again besides the soft sound of the TV, Scott lifted the cushion up.

"Okay, what the hell was that all about?" Bucky asked, arms crossed.

"Tony dragged me to the lab for a checkup. I ran."

"...Why?"

"Don't like doctors."

"Is that so?"

I turned my head to see Bruce and Tony standing behind us. Bruce had an eyebrow raised, and Tony mouthed, "Traitor,"

"I mean- not you, you're great- I- I just, I don't do well with doctors. That's- yeah, that's what I meant-"

My phone dinged.

"Hold on a second," I pulled my phone out and Tony stepped forward. "Please?"

With a look of impatience, he stepped back.

I looked at who the message was from May. I visibly paled, but tried to tilt my head down so no one would notice.

I opened the message.

May
you ungrateful little shit!!
get your ass back home right now, and when you do, don't expect to get away that easily

Peter
May i'm sorry i would have called ahead but i thought it would be okay if i hung out with ned so you wouldn't have to worry about me

May
worry about you?
i don't give a shit about you
but i'm not going to jail over a brat like you.
come home
NOW.

Peter
yes ma'am

~~~

I shut off my phone and quickly wiped my eyes.

"I- sorry, I really need to go." My voice broke, betraying me.

"Peter, who was that?" Tony said, now in front of me with his hands on my shoulders. "What did they say."

"It was- It was my Aunt May, she, uh... she had to tell me our dog died. I need to go,"

Tony reluctantly led me back to the lab and I could feel everyone's eyes on me all the way to the door.