𝕔𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟙𝟝

Uggggghh school starts on wednesday and i don't feel like being stuck with those idiots for another large portion of my year 😭

enjoy the story!

The elevator stopped and to my dismay, because FRIDAY was in charge of the elevator, there were no buttons that could provide me an escape.

The doors slid open to reveal Tony and Bruce standing there, arms crossed.

"Really kid? Second degree burns and smoke inhalation?"

"I, uh... I can... I can explain,"

"I sure hope so," Tony rolled his eyes. "Come on."

I reluctantly followed him back to the infirmary and sat on a cot while Bruce asked me questions. I quickly recounted the story, minus, like, being Spider-Man.

"So let me get this straight," He adjusted his glasses. "You mean to tell me that you saw a building on fire, and you, a normal citizen, went inside of said building on fire, rescued all of those people, but a large flaming beam fell onto your back giving you severe burns and your back isn't broken?"

"Uh... yep. At least I hope my back isn't broken. That would probably hurt like hell."

"Christ, kid. Good job saving those people, but like, holy shit."

"Thanks?"

"Also," Bruce suddenly remembered as he started bandaging my back, "Care to explain why FRIDAY found traces of glass just under your skin right where there so happen to be conveniently placed cuts?"

"That is an excellent question, actually. I wonder how it got there."

"Kid," Tony's face was struggling to remain serious as he addressed me. "You're getting more sarcastic by the second. I'm starting to think I'm not the best influence."

"Nope, you're not. But I'm also naturally sassy." I did jazz hands.

Tony chuckled.

"What the hell did I just witness?" We turned to see Natasha standing in the doorway, arms crossed and nose wrinkled. "You guys are so weird."

I gave her a thumbs up. "We know,"

She rolled her eyes and walked over to me. "Are you okay? I heard about the fire."

"Yeah. I'm fine, or I was, until FRIDAY betrayed me." I replied with a straight face before bursting out laughing.

This caused intense pain in my back and I quickly stopped, my face scrunching. I attempted to return my face to normal before anyone noticed, but I was in a room with a spy, a doctor, and a genius, so of course everyone noticed.

"Pete," Dr. Banner was putting up the gauze and medical tape.

"Hm?"

"Do you need pain medicine?"

"O- oh, no, I'm- I'm fine, I don't-"

"Peter," Nat put a hand on my shoulder and stared at me. "Don't lie to us. You don't have to hide pain. If anyone understands, it's us."

I looked down and fidgeted with the hem of my shirt.

"I know,"

sorry for the short chapter i'm officially stumped

probably more texting next chapter and definitely fluff <3

have a great day/night and get some fresh air ❤️