𝕔𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟙𝟜

hey guys! quick a/n! since school is starting in a week i've decided to have an actual update schedule. (let's see how long it takes me to forget about it)

i'll probably post one or two chapters each saturday since i'll have plenty time to write them that day and more people will have time to read them as well

enjoy the chapter!!! <3

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I blinked my eyes open and glanced at my alarm clock. 1:36. The second I saw my phone I was met with almost a hundred messages from Ned and MJ, plus the group chat. I still need to name it.

I quickly replied to Ned and MJ.

Peter
guys!
i'm okay!
couldn't make it today cause of something at home
don't worry, i'll be there tomorrow

MJ
you ever scare me like that again and i will personally track you down and make sure you're dead.

Peter
noted.

Ned
peter!
i was starting to worry

MJ
more like you almost had a panic attack at lunch.

Peter
WHAT
NED
I PROMISE IM OKAY

MJ
yeah you better be
okay we gotta get to class, ttyl
and try not to die

Peter
that's the plan???

Ned
seriously though, be careful

~~~

I sighed. I felt terrible lying to them, but it was for the best. I pulled on a pair of sweatpants and one of my favorite t-shirts, then the hoodie from Mr. Stark.

I winced when I put on my backpack, carefully settling it on my shoulders in the least painful way I could get it to stay in.

My phone was carefully tucked into my front pocket, and I was off.

I carefully shut the door behind me and hurried to the elevator. I passed my next door neighbor, Ms. Carter, on the way.

"Hey, Peter! Where are you going in such a hurry?"

"Uh... internship!" I said without turning towards her.

"Okay...? Have fun!"

"Thanks, Ms. Carter."

I entered the elevator and quickly pressed the close button, waving quickly before the door closed.

Once outside, I shouldered my way through a large crowd that had gathered around an apartment building across the street from me. I glanced up and did a double take.

The building was on fire, and there were still people in there.

I ran into the alley with my Spider-man suit and quickly changed, webbing my backpack to the wall behind a dumpster.

I shot a web at the roof and swung from there to the police barrier.

"Officer!" Several police turned towards me, regarding me with confused glances. "Which floors?"

"We think there's a few on four and two on seven, but we think the roof is about to collapse."

"Thanks." I shot a web and pulled myself up to the fourth floor.

"Hello? Who's in here?"

"Help!" A small voice cried a few rooms down.

"I'm coming!" I shouldered a door open and found two kids huddled together with their mom.

I knelt in front of them, "It's gonna be okay, I'm gonna get you out of here."

The woman grabbed her two kids and followed me back to the window, and when she looked down, the woman said, "I can't do this,"

"It's gonna be okay, okay? I can take the kids first if you want." She nodded frantically.

"Don't drop them," Her voice was a terrified whisper.

"I won't,"

By her request, I took the youngest first, carefully giving the child to a police officer, then doing the same for the next child.

"Just wrap your arms around my neck, okay?"

She nodded.

I picked her up and swung out the window, carefully lowering my self to the ground.

"I gotta go get the rest, but the officers here can take care of you guys from here."

"Thank you,"

"No problem!"

After rescuing an elderly man from the same floor, I swung up to the seventh.

"Hello? Who's in here?" My spidey senses went off just as a beam cracked above me and fell, knocking me down. I groaned. The beam had fallen on my back while it was still on fire, so as you can imagine, it wasn't very pleasant.

It took me a few minutes to free myself, and I continued to search for whoever was up here.

All I found was a cat, which I obviously rescued. I swung away once I was sure everyone was safe and that the police could handle the rest of the situation.

In my alley, I quickly changed out of my smoke filled suit and back into my regular clothes, then ran to the subway station despite the sharp, burning pain in my back.

As I sat down on the subway I guessed it was a second degree burn, best case scenario.

Finally, we stopped at the station next to Stark Tower. I hurried into the elevator, saying a quick hello to the receptionist.

"Peter, you appear to be suffering from severe burns and smoke inhalation, as well as other minor injuries. I will alert boss of your condition for your safety."

"FRIDAY, no!"

"I have alerted boss of your condition."

I groaned, and dread settled in my stomach as the elevator climbed towards my doom.

friday is such a snitch lol

sorry it's taken so long to update! major writers block! i'll try and get as many chapter out before school starts, and then my update schedule will be official, but until then i'll be writing plenty of chapters (if i can think of content) to keep you guys occupied between updates!

have a great day/night and have a snack and some water! ❤️