■Chapter.1 {Candies and kisses}

"Why do you look like a girl?"

"Yeah! You look more feminine than Richie!"

"Hey! That's mean!"

I am currently surrounded by children my age. I am a new transfer here since we just changed house near this pre-school. Being new to some places is super hard, i don't know anyone here and everyone is asking me questions, i can't answer.

"Why won't you speak?"

"Maybe he doesn't want to be friends with us."

"Tch, Let's go!"

"We don't even need to be with a boy that looks like a girl! Blee!"

They left. I want to stop them but what will i say after that? I'm just going to embrrass my self in front of them.

My first impression was not good, leaving me all alone with no one to talk to.

Loner.

I sat still on the bench. Waiting for my parents to show up and pick me up.

"I wish i can walk home too with some friends." I muttered as i watched some of my classmates walk together while laughing.

"You have a nice voice." Someone from behind me said. I turned around and saw a kid around my age.

"Why do you have red lips and cheeks?" I asked. It looks like he scratched his self or he falls down.

"It's nothing." He said as he sat beside me. He stared at me for a moment before pulling something out of his pocket. "Look at this." He said as he showed something to me with both of his palms.

"Did you kill it?" I asked a little bothered.

"Yes." He said as he placed the dead chick on my lap. I looked at it terrified. "W-why?" I asked as i closed my eyes tightly to not let the tears fall down.

"They said that to get the Goddess blessings or to gain their favor, you need to give them something like offering." He said as he inched his face close to mine. "I heard, it's usually a dead chicken and deer they offer but it's only the chick i could give you. Will you still take it?" He asked as he cupped both of my cheeks.

"B-But i am not a goddess, how can you mistake me with such important existance?" I asked confused. He tilt his head cutely as a bunch of question marks appeared around him.

"Y-You're not?" He asked a little dissapointed. "But you're so beautiful. They said that goddesses are kind and beautiful." He mumbled as he looked down on his lap.

I looked at the dead poor chick on my lap. I carefull placed the chick on my left palm and took this stranger's hand in mine.

"What are you doing?" He asked a little startled.

"In the forrest."  

/........./

"Good job." I kissed his left cheek as we finished burying the baby chicken on the ground. He placed his dirty palm over the cheek i kissed as he looked at me with wide eyes.

Is he angry?

"W-why would you do that?" He asked confused.

"My mom use to kiss me when i did something good. You helped me bury the chick so that's your reward." I hesitantly explained.

"Even though i should be the one saying thank you for helping me because I'm the one who killed the chick... " He completely sat on the ground as he softly rubbed the big stone on top of the grave we made. "You're so kind to me." He stopped for a moment and stand up. He grabbed my shoulder and looked at me in the eyes.

"I will swore on this grave that i will marry you when we grew up. My mom always remind me to choose someone kind so me, Floyd will take you to be my wife someday." He said as he kissed me on the lips and quickly pull away.

"B-Before that.. " I said while hiding my burning cheeks. "You should get rid of the offering thing and stop harming the animals." I changed the subject.

"If you saw a goddess, just give them candies. Everyone likes them." I said and he nodded at me.

"I will remember that." He said as he rubbed his ouchies.

"Anyways my name is-"

"M/n!!!"

"M/n-kun!!!!"

"That's mom and dad." I muttered and quickly shouted back. "I'm here!"

I heard loud foot steps coming on our way and before i could even react, my dad had pushed floyd on the dirty ground.

"Da-"

"What did you do to my child!!" My dad shouted at floyd.

"Mom-"

"What happened to you honey? Why is that brat holding your shoulders like that? You're so dirty too. " My mom wiped my cheeks. "Is he bullying you? Want me to bully him too?"

"Mom no!"

"Elizabeth, let's go home. " My dad said as he took me on his arms.

"If my child is seen with anything, even if it's just a scratch. I will kill you." My dad is super angry as he rudely pointed at floyd who's lying on the ground.

"Floyd-"

He just gave me a smile as we left.

"Dad..."

"Yes honey?"

"You just hurted someone who could possibly be my friend or husband in the future. I will grow old alone, lonely and sad!" I started punching dad's back as my tears falls down.

"What do you mean darling? That child will never be your friend, let alone husband, he's a male." My mom asked as she hurriedly wiped my tears.

"Doesn't matter! He promised to marry me someday! He swore it in the grave!!!"

"In the what?!!"

/................/

TOMMOROW that day, floyd show's up again on the same bench while i am alone. He gave me candies on my lap and i noticed he has another bruishes.

"What is this for?" I asked as i look at him.

"You said to not give dead animals to goddess so i gave you candies to recieve your blessing for me." He said almost proudly.

"I told you i am not a goddess." I sigh as i opened one of the candies. The sweetness melting on to my mouth.

"But you already ate my offer, there's no taking back." He crossed his arms as he pouted with a loud hmp. I giggled a little as i kissed him in the cheeks.

"Okay, that's your blessing. Make sure to offer me candies everyday, okay?" I asked as i gave him a big smile.

"O-okay!" He said with a red face.

"Oh, that's right, i almost forgot." I said as i skimmed through my bag. I pulled out the first aid kit i stole from home. "Can you come a little closer? I'm going to treat your injuries." I asked as i opened it.

"There's no need, it doesn't even hurt." He said as he tried to act all tough. I gave him a look and looked away which startled him.

"Okay then, i won't talk to you anymore."

"Fine!"