■Chapter.8 {Floyd and the bf material maverick}

M/n stared at the candy on his hand. Yesterday's event seems like a nightmare. The childhood friends got into a fight because of him. Not just any childhood friends though, for the love of god, it's the council's president and vice president.

M/n was broken hearted. None of the student council showed up on the dressing room after the contest. He was only alone with his girl friends who is also crying. They all just cried together.

"They must be super angry and dissapointed." M/n felt like crying again. He pinched his hand super hard to distract him from his emotional pain.

"It will bruise but i can still fix it." M/n looked at his left palm that has a lot scratch and bruise. Look's like it's the part of his body that he decided to suffer to keep it all together and not break down.

"I wanna change schools.." M/n pinched his palm again. "I don't wanna see them.." M/n continue to mumble. He didn't notice the man speeding towards him. The both of them fall with a loud groan.

M/n felt the stranger holding the back of his head. He opened his eyes and immediately push them.

"What the..." M/n with a heavy blush on his face said. He backed up on the wall as he moved farther away from the stranger.

"Was it your first kiss?" The man asked as he softly licked the corner of lips. M/n wiped his wet lips and answered the male with a shy no.

"Sorry!" The man rubbed the nape of his neck as he laughed embarrassed. "My lips is kinda wet, I've been sucking on this sweet lollipop for a while now." The male said as he pointed at the fallen candy on the ground.

"S-Sorry... i wasn't looking." M/n said softly as he unconciously licked his lips, curious to know how does the lollipop taste. The stranger hid his happy smirk as he pretended to wipe his lips too.

"It's okay. It's my fault too for running around the halls." The male said as he acted all shy. M/n blushed at how handsome the male.

"Sorry about that. Here.. i hope it's enough to repay your lollipop." M/n gave the stranger his candy.

"Oh no need. You've been staring at that candy for a while now. It must be important for you." The other one said smiling.

"... actually i don't know where the candy came from but i got it yesterday. It's placed beside my bag and i took it because it reminds me of my childhood bestfriend. It made me at least a little happy." M/n spoke so fondly that the stranger found pleasing.

'That's good, he didn't forgot about me.' The stranger thought happily. 'Since my candies are offerings that he takes willingly, it's only alright for me to take my blessings back.' The male wanted to giggle. 'Gosh, i wanna tell him that i bumped into him in purpose to get my blessing. His lips are still kissable.'

"Oh yeah? I have one back home too. It's too bad because i think he already forgot about me." The male said solemly. M/n was saddened because of it, merely relating to this stranger because there's a posibility too that his also childhood friend had forgotten about him.

"By the way my name is Floyd Augustine, nice to meet you." The male smiled widely when M/n's eyes widened.

"Do... Does your childhood friend, in any chance.... is his name M/n L/n?"

"How did you know-"

M/n immediately hugged Floyd and cried on his arms. Good thing that they're in an empty hallway. M/n sobbed loudly as he gripped on Floyd's shirt.

"D-Did you know... t-that you came back on the right time?" M/n sobbed on Floyd's clothes. "I-I am really devastated right now a-and seeing you today makes me happy."

Floyd smirked as he hugged M/n's back, while staring at his friend who is watching at the end of the hall. Ross, gritted his teeth as he showed floyd his middle finger.

"Fuck that annoying face." Ross mumbled irritatedly as he watched M/n's back and floyd's teasing smirk.

"It's alright, we won't get seperated again." Floyd kissed M/n's temple. "Never."

/..................../

Maverick watched M/n as he happily talked with someone he never saw before.

"Who the fuck is that bastard, being all close to m/n?" Maverick mumbled as he approached their table.

"Hello M/n. Looks like you have a new friend. I never saw him around the school though. Is he perhaps a new student?" Maverick asked m/n. The two, Floyd and Maverick glared at each other.

"Uhh.. you're here.." M/n whispered in slight confusion.

"W-what do you mean?" Maverick was heartbroken, M/n words seems like he want's him gone.

"I-I thought everyone is angry with me.. b-because i only won the 2nd place. I-isnt that why you guys didn't showed up after the contest?" M/n said hesitantly as he fiddled with his fingers.

Maverick frowned as he looked away. "S-Sorry... something happened even before the event finished. I hope you'll hear me first.." maverick avoided eye contact.

M/n looked at Floyd. "Okay..." Floyd said as he ruffled M/n's hair. "Just tell me if he hurts your feelings more," floyd gave M/n a playful scary eyes. "I will dispose him for you." He whispered those words in M/n's ear. Even though it appears to be an innocent joke for the oblivious male, floyd is serious about it.

"Damn bastard getting in my way of spending my day with M/n." Floyd whispered to Maverick as he pretended to pat his back.

'That guy!' Maverick thought in shock. How can M/n hang out with someone like that guy?!

"Hm?" M/n looked at maverick confused as he stood frozen on his spot. 'Did floyd said something funny to him?' M/n thought.

"Can i sit down?" Maverick asked M/n's permission to sit beside him. The soft male nodded as he scooted to the side to give maverick a space.

"So uh... where should i start..." Maverick played with his hands under the table.

"I wanna say something too... I-I wanna apologize about not fulfilling everyone's expectation of me. S-Sorry for only getting on the second place." M/n stood up and bowed to maverick.

"Ah! S-Stop." Maverick immediately helped M/n to sit down.

"There's no need to apologize. We're in the fault too for not being there with you when you are devastated for not winning. It was only a first try, there's still a lot ot opportunity. We cannot try for once and then expect to win in first try." Maverick said in one breath. He blushed as he grabbed M/n's both cheeks with his hands.

'Such small face.' Maverick thought.

Maverick looked at M/n in the eyes. "Even though some expected for you to win, just remember that what you achieve are something we are also proud of. Remember what the host told you yesterday?" Maverick used his thumb to wipe M/n's tears.

"Aren't you happy that you got in the 2nd place? There's ten contestant and only three was able to win. How about the person who won the 3rd place lower than yours? Or the rest who won nothing at all?" Maverick asked as he smiled. "Aren't the all of them are happy after the event? You probably didn't saw them but... I can see that they're already contented on doing what they love, losing or winning, it doesn't matter to them as long as they have fun."

"Don't you love cosplaying? I bet you'll understand that." Maverick let go of M/n's face and worriedly looked at his hands.

"T-thank you."

"Forget about that. Let's treat your wounds first."