13. "You got me."

Chapter Thirteen

Adonis' POV

Elena screamed temptation at me. Hearing her moan and seeing her stretch her body with her inviting lovely breasts and perky nipples too visible from the thin layer of her shirt, brought moisture on my skin.

I could feel my desire for her, so strong, pulsing in the air like static electricity. My body hardened like stone, as I stood there like a statue, watching her beautiful form lying on the bed.

"Yeah, I'm hungry now," she sat down on bed and leaned her back against the headboard, "what about you?"

My gaze riveted on her mouth, following the movement of her tongue as she briefly licked her lower lip.

"Yeah. I'm hungry too. But not for food," I answered, enjoying the sudden change of her expression. Her eyes came down together and the narrowing of her lip corners.

As expected, she threw a pillow at me, then stormed out of the cabin.

Elena was like a closed book when it comes to discussing her personal stuff. I tried to ask her about her mother, her schooling and life at Singapore during dinner, but she refused to open up.

"Our marriage is not genuine, so let's not go there. I'm sure you heard so much about me from grandpa already," she answered, brushing off the topic.

"He did, briefly. But I like to hear it from you."

"It's very boring, I'm sure you'll fall asleep in your seat hearing it."

I chuckled, "nope. In fact, I'm very interested to know anything about you."

She shook her head vigorously, "my personal life is my least favorite topic."

I stopped asking very personal topic, it would only end up an argument, and we did that many times already in barely two days of marriage.

But talking about random stuff were endless. We talked about movies, music, coffee, news, sports, politics, hiking, food and others. Getting to know our preferences, and knowing that we had many likes than dislikes, loosen up some screws. 

We arrived in Singapore and stayed in a Merlion suite at Marina Bay Sands. It had two rooms, the King room and the Queen room.

Guess who got the King room? Yup, you're right. Her.

The honeymoon did not turn out the way I expected. Elena was hibernating. She was always in her bedroom, sleeping. Everytime I went out, she was awake and would leave the suite.

I knew her intention – to annoy and provoke me. She was not cooperating with this marriage.

On the third day, I tricked Elena. I pretended to get out of the suite, by opening the door and banging it loud so she would assume I was already out. I hid at the corner, and there I saw Elena, already dressed up heading to the door.

"Gotcha!"

She was caught off guard, looking at me like a scared rabbit, "I-I thought you left."

"So, you decided to go out. Why are you acting like this, Elena? You're avoiding me by sleeping all the time. We had many plans that got canceled."

"I'm having jet lag," she faced me squarely, and clasped her arms together, "I'm not used to traveling 18 hours straight. It takes a while for my body clock to adjust."

"It didn't take you long," my lips twisted angrily, "yesterday, you were sneaking behind my back - roaming around the hotel's shopping mall, went to Merlion Park and rode the river cruise at Clarke Quay. They were among the things that we're supposed to do."

"Okay, fine. You got me! I shouldn't have trusted Hugo not to tell you."

Hugo, my head security, came to Singapore, with his six men, to protect me and Elena.

"He's very loyal to me. He reports everything, so don't fool me again," I hissed, feeling frustrated of her, "I've been here too many times in Singapore, and I was hoping that we could ride together on the river cruise. But you're avoiding me like I have a virus. At least, can we act civil in this marriage? Tell me what's wrong."

She hesitated, her arms folded together like a stubborn little girl. But crazy, that I found her really cute doing that.

"Let's make the most of our vacation here in Singapore," I continued, "let's compromise and have fun. Deal?"

"Okay, it's a deal," her lips twisted, "as long as you don't force me to go to places I don't like to visit."

"Such as?"

"My alma mater and where I lived before," she lifted her chin slightly, "I don't want you to meet any of my friends either."

"Okay, it's a deal."

"Really?" her eyes lit up brightly.

 "Yeah. We'll go wherever you like, as long as you give me this one favor."

Her brows lifted, giving me a suspicious look, "what is that?"

"We have to accept Mr. and Mrs. Changli's invitation. They're my parents' close friends."

"Is it dinner?"

"Nope," I sighed, knowing that what I was going to say would end up another argument.

"What is it? You're keeping it in suspense."

"We're going to stay with them in their beach house at Sentosa island."

"Wow! I would love that," her eyes lit up, then in a few seconds, realization hit her, "are we going to share the same room?"

"Yes," I nodded, "and act like a real couple."