42. "Let's talk."

Chapter Forty Two

Adonis' POV

Finally. Elena agreed to see me.

I was in the middle of a board meeting when her text message arrived. She wanted to see me. Immediately.

I dropped everything and immediately rushing out of the meeting. I was excited to see her that I could not contain my happiness.

"I'm meeting Elena for coffee. I'm not sure if I'll be able to come back. Better yet, cancel all my appointments for the rest of the day," I advised my executive secretary, William.

"But sir, you have a meeting with the CNN executives at two p.m."

Another meeting with the media regarding our latest robotic invention. It kept on coming as the world got curious about our futuristic project.

"Move it tomorrow."

"Noted, sir," William retorted.

I left the office immediately and dropped by at the florist to pick a bouquet. Her favorite, peach roses.

I arrived at the Sweet Dreamer café and ordered coffee for me and Elena's. Double espresso for me and her usual café latte. I went directly to the café's balcony. I settled on a padded chair and looked at the beautiful orchids that surrounded the balcony.

I took a sip of the hot liquid, enjoying its delicious fresh taste, when I noticed someone standing in front of me.

I looked up, and our eyes met.

I gasped, stunned at the force of my reaction at seeing Elena again. My hand shook, spilling a few liquids on the table as my eyes held hers.

Two months. One week. Four days. The last time we came face to face with each other.

I put the cup down and stood up.

"Elena."

"Adonis," she beamed, and my heart instantly bubbled. It was the loveliest smile that I had ever seen in the entire world.

I was breathless seeing her again. She was more beautiful than I remembered. She cut her hair just above her shoulders. It emphasized her facial features and gave her a sophisticated look.

She was wearing a beige business suit, that emphasized every curve of her stunning body.

For a moment, our eyes locked, studying each other.

"Have a seat."

She nodded, and I went to her side immediately and pulled the padded armchair for her.

"Thank you," she acknowledged and settled down. A waitress served Elena a pie and water, then left abruptly.

When she noticed I was staring, I smiled. I got mesmerized seeing her again. The joy was unexplainable. I could not take my eyes off her.

"You're so beautiful. A million times more beautiful than these orchids," I said, referring to the orchids that surrounded us on the balcony.

She rolled her eyes. "don't flirt with me. I'm still upset that you push through with the divorce."

"Is that why you gave me a hard time seeing you yesterday?"

She smiled, her eyes very seductive.

"Ah- you're happy that you succeeded. You're so savage, my love."

I saw her flinched, "don't call me that."

I frowned, "why not? It's true. You're my love."

"Stop teasing me Adonis. I'm going to walk out here if you won't behave. What is it you want to see me about?"

I heaved a sigh, "I saw your mom. She told me everything."

"Yeah, I know. You must be shocked."

"I was," I shook my head in disbelief, "Constantine is so cruel. Every time I think on how he made you and your mom suffered, it made me want to murder him."

"He's paying all his sins already. He's in a very devastating state right now," she took a sip of water, then started talking, "we started so wrong, Adonis. From our first meeting, we clashed."

"I agree. The arranged marriage thing made it rough." I took a sip of my coffee, then leaned back.

"I'm sorry for lying. I lied about a lot of things, making things difficult for our marriage to work. You found it hard to trust me."

I nodded, "but I had my share of faults, too. I had mistrust issues because of my unpleasant experience. It was really bullshit. I've seen enough, and I said, I learned my lessons, I wouldn't make the same mistake again. I lost my trust in women."

"I realized that too."

"Then, there was you. When you came, you turned my life upside down. I wanted to trust you again, but you were not opening up to me. Until it leads to frustrations, because I started to have strong feelings for you, and yet, I couldn't grasp you. I became so crazy jealous, and possessive..."

"I wanted to tell you the truth. But the fear of Grandpa ruining my reputation, stopping Mom's medical support, feared me the most."

"Yeah, I understood your situation when Celine told me," I responded, "I was so mad at Constantine, and still am, every time I think of it. He's savage. How could he do that to his own family? What would he gain by doing that?"

"I don't understand him either. He's driven with too much hate. Probably because of abandonment from his parents when he was a child. But that's not an excuse. He shouldn't do that to anyone."

"Exactly." I let out an exasperated sigh.

I stared at her, and the heaviness in my chest immediately lifted with her smile. She looked so radiant sitting there, like a radiant sun.

"Elena. I know you take the divorce badly. But I only did it to free us from that toxic agreement."

She shook her head then turned away.

I stood up and knelt in front of her.

"Listen to me babe, please," I held her hand, "I have to do it, because it's the only way to prove myself to you that I don't give a damn about my ancestors land anymore, because you're more important to me. I don't want our kids or the people keep on saying that I married you for the land. It matters to me, because that's not how it is anymore. Everything changed."

"What are you saying?" her beautiful eyes fixed at me.

"I want everyone to say that I married you because I love you so much," I touched her cheek gently, "I'm in love with you so deeply, Elena, that I want to make it right with you. We're going to start from the very beginning, of meeting again and falling in love."

"You... you do?"

I nodded, "I want to marry you again, Elena and honor our vows, to love and cherish you, till death do us part."

"Oh God, Adonis. I love you too. That's why I was so mad at you for pushing with the divorce."

"You love me?" my heart leaped with joy, hearing her admit her feelings for me.

"Of course. Isn't it obvious?"

"Oh, honey. You were not. You always left me guessing," immediately, I gathered her in my arms and kissed her fiercely, pouring all my love and yearning for her.